Well I pick up a M&P Shield 9mm today

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I went out on base when they was having a 10% sales, pick it up without the safety for $333.

I've already taken it out to the range and put a hundred rounds and have order a shell from Alien Gears Holster and some Talon grip.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Nice, let us know how u like it.... I like them a lot , have shot the 40 not the 9 but it put good groupings at 20 ft........ I think you'll be happy... o
How many guns does make for retirement lol.....
Concealed 27

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Nice, let us know how u like it.... I like them a lot , have shot the 40 not the 9 but it put good groupings at 20 ft........ I think you'll be happy... o
How many guns does make for retirement lol.....
Concealed 27

Lol, yeah I had to laugh at this one the safes is getting a little more babies.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I picked up my Shield last Thursday. 9mm w/o safety for $400 out the door from my favorite local shop. Got to the range yesterday an put 100 rounds through it. I really like this little shooter.

Started with WWB 115 gr FMJs and was quickly shooting fist-sized groups from about 8 yards.
It didn't like the Blazer Brass 115 gr FMJs I brought along. The groups moved up and left and opened up into more of a pattern than a group.

I've had pretty good results with Blazer Brass 40cal in my CZ75; but the little Shield does not like the 9mm version at all.

When I get a few more hundred rounds through it I'm going to start experimenting with defensive ammunition. Then I will look for a cheaper range alternative that mimics the accuracy and POI of the carry ammo.

I need to find a good IWB holster and twice weekly range trips and about 1000 rounds of ammo to "get aquainted with each other."
Then, if all is good, it becomes my EDC.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Were the blazers +p ?

No, standard velocity. Same weight and type (115gr FMJ)
The WWB was centered and around 4-5" for 7 shots. The Blazer was 8-9" pattern centered probably 6" high and 3-4" left.

First, I thought it was just me so I alternated ammo and had the same results with each.

In my CZ75, I shoot Blazer Brass and PMC Bronze almost exclusively with very good results. But, the Smith just didn't like the Blazer.:confused:

I have some Remington and Fiocchi to try next trip.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I fired a night coarse with blazer 230 grain 45's and had a similar experience. Thought it was just me until now. I was shooting with a flash light in my left hand pressing up on gun hand . This was aluminum cased stuff.

Members online

No members online now.