What Did I Win?

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hey guys, was attending the annual Sportsmans Club of Fort Worth's Wild Game Dinner last night, and I actually won something this year. It was a Browning 20 gun safe and everything in it. It includes the following:

1 Browning T-bolt 17HMR
1 Beretta 96 .40 Cal pistol (what's the difference between it and a 92?)
1 Kimber Montana 270wsm
1 Winchester super X3 20gauge
1 Swarovski 10x50 SLC Binoculars (I know about these, will probably trade them for smaller ones)

I was wondering what y'all could tell me about this stuff. Any information is appreciated.

Also Dad won a Browning xBolt in 25.06. What's the difference between the ABolt and XBolt?

SWSS

Full Access Member
well that sux, no tater gun...better luck next time. Of course the rest aint bad...:boobs:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Terrible. I bet you even had to load it up and take it home too huh??? Sounds like alot of work.

:waytogo:

Humvee21

Full Access Member
Hey guys, was attending the annual Sportsmans Club of Fort Worth's Wild Game Dinner last night, and I actually won something this year. It was a Browning 20 gun safe and everything in it. It includes the following:

1 Browning T-bolt 17HMR
1 Beretta 96 .40 Cal pistol (what's the difference between it and a 92?)
1 Kimber Montana 270wsm
1 Winchester super X3 20gauge
1 Swarovski 10x50 SLC Binoculars (I know about these, will probably trade them for smaller ones)

I was wondering what y'all could tell me about this stuff. Any information is appreciated.

Also Dad won a Browning xBolt in 25.06. What's the difference between the ABolt and XBolt?

Wow, you lucky bastard!

The question about the Beretta 96... The diff. between that and a 92 is the caliber. The 96 is .40 and the 92 is 9mm. Everything else is the same. Did you get a 96 Brigadier, 96A1, etc.? I can tell you more about it if you know the model.

And WTH.. Where's the pics?

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Wow, you lucky bastard!

The question about the Beretta 96... The diff. between that and a 92 is the caliber. The 96 is .40 and the 92 is 9mm. Everything else is the same. Did you get a 96 Brigadier, 96A1, etc.? I can tell you more about it if you know the model.

And WTH.. Where's the pics?

Beretta 96A1, picked it all up Saturday, I'll get some pics up. Shot the pistol yesterday, man I like it. Ordered some Critical Duty for HD. Ordered a BLACKHAWK! holster, and Trijicon Night Sights.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Beretta 96A1, picked it all up Saturday, I'll get some pics up. Shot the pistol yesterday, man I like it. Ordered some Critical Duty for HD. Ordered a BLACKHAWK! holster, and Trijicon Night Sights.

Ain't that a bitch??? Got all these new FREE toys, now you have to go spend money to accessorize them. What a shame !!! :happy175:

Humvee21

Full Access Member

Glad you like it! I love my 92A1. Okay, so the differences between a 96A1 and the others. The 96A1 has a recoil buffer, which is the blue thing on the inside of your frame. This was designed to allow the frame a longer life and also further diminish recoil. This recoil buffer was specifically designed to accommodate the larger caliber, but was carried onto the 92A1 9mm due to the other reasons I stated. Next, you have a picatanny rail! This was not on other models. Also, you have both front and rear dovetailed sights, again not in other models. You should also see a difference between the front and rear grip (not the plastic side grips). There was some texturing done to enhance traction, but not as aggressive as the M9A1 model. Another improvement of the 92A1 and 96A1 is the captured guide rod. Yes, the guide rod is plastic and that thing won't go flying no more! It now comes with 3 magazines as opposed to the old 2 in other models. Also, the capacity is increased for the A1 to 12 rounds plus an extra in the chamber. Lastly, you can visually check if yours is made in the USA or Italy by looking at the barrel. If you see shiny chrome that extends slightly outside of the muzzle end of the barrel, it is Italian made (the USA made Berettas are also not as shiny). Beretta has a serial code thingy that can double check it for you.

I also want to add that if you come across a Taurus PT92 or PT99 do not be fooled by those guys. Them saying their gun is a much better value (half the price) for the same gun may be true. But the Beretta is superior in every single way!

If you have any questions about the gun or its operation, I would be glad to help!

I hope you found some of this information helpful or at least somewhat entertaining.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Glad you like it! I love my 92A1. Okay, so the differences between a 96A1 and the others. The 96A1 has a recoil buffer, which is the blue thing on the inside of your frame. This was designed to allow the frame a longer life and also further diminish recoil. This recoil buffer was specifically designed to accommodate the larger caliber, but was carried onto the 92A1 9mm due to the other reasons I stated. Next, you have a picatanny rail! This was not on other models. Also, you have both front and rear dovetailed sights, again not in other models. You should also see a difference between the front and rear grip (not the plastic side grips). There was some texturing done to enhance traction, but not as aggressive as the M9A1 model. Another improvement of the 92A1 and 96A1 is the captured guide rod. Yes, the guide rod is plastic and that thing won't go flying no more! It now comes with 3 magazines as opposed to the old 2 in other models. Also, the capacity is increased for the A1 to 12 rounds plus an extra in the chamber. Lastly, you can visually check if yours is made in the USA or Italy by looking at the barrel. If you see shiny chrome that extends slightly outside of the muzzle end of the barrel, it is Italian made (the USA made Berettas are also not as shiny). Beretta has a serial code thingy that can double check it for you.

I also want to add that if you come across a Taurus PT92 or PT99 do not be fooled by those guys. Them saying their gun is a much better value (half the price) for the same gun may be true. But the Beretta is superior in every single way!

If you have any questions about the gun or its operation, I would be glad to help!

I hope you found some of this information helpful or at least somewhat entertaining.

Very helpful, thanks a lot. I saw the blue recoil buffer and was curious what it was because my dad has a 92FS, and I cleaned them both. I noticed the blue in mine and nothing in his. I also noticed the trigger guard reshaping.

Humvee21

Full Access Member
Very helpful, thanks a lot. I saw the blue recoil buffer and was curious what it was because my dad has a 92FS, and I cleaned them both. I noticed the blue in mine and nothing in his. I also noticed the trigger guard reshaping.

Ah! Something I left out. Yeah, don't mess with the recoil buffer. It's not removable. I clean it by just scrubbing with a dry toothbrush and then wiping it down with a clean towel. Usually there's not much grime in there.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Holy cow what a prize...if I won something like that I'm sure the wife would say I have enough stuff..so sell it off and let's take that trip to Hawaii like you promised me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts