• Ruger SR556 series: Chromed piston at DI price

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Daniel Defense: One of the best.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • LWRC: The best of Piston goodness.

• S&W: An American classic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SIG: Sweet German designs made in America!

• LMT: Gorgeous rifles!

• RRA: The best for mid range money.

• Others (only would go up to ten please list your fave)

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluez

Full Access Member
What's your favorite AR brand?

There was only a maximum of 10 so under "Others" please put your faves if not listed.
I made a positive comment for each in an attempt to catch the design philosophy of each.

Did not include HK since they basically are the price of a used car and not a realistic target for 99% of forum members.

Since there was a limited number of options I only put in brand where I own or have owned the AR.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've not handled any other AR's besides the DPMS. You'll get varying opinions on it as well as any other brand. If it goes "Bang" every time I squeeze the trigger than that works for me.

Bluez

Full Access Member
I probably should have put DPMS in there intead of Delton since it is a more established entry level brand.

I am not a snob abut brands either..
but since i had only 10 slots for the poll i figured I list only ARs i have owned.
You can still vote "Other" for DPMS :)

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Dpms because it was my first build and is very reliable IMO. Second would be nothing else but colt the original go to m4........
Concealed 27

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
If I were to buy an AR on the list, it would be a Ruger....just cause I prefer a piston.
That being said, I would be quiet happy with a S+W or Armalite.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Armalite, the first and original AR.
I have fired several different brands of AR rifles, seems, I like the Armalite the best.
I own an AR10, nothing fancy, just a fine weapon.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I do not own a "branded" AR. I have one complete 20" heavy barrel that is a mixture of Stag and DPMS that shoots very well. I am building one that is a mixture of many brands with another waiting on the list that will also be a Frankenstein.

However, if I could go out and buy one today it would be a Daniel Defense. I really like their weapons that I have shot and/or handled.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

I have had a Bushmaster for years and had done well, my dad has a RRA that has not been shot so cant speak for that. Only others I have shot were built with different companys like a double star lower with a RRA upper ect.

Bluez

Full Access Member
Out of your list I went with the SR556, you get a lot of well made gun for the money going with the Ruger.

the SR556CLA is on my list as another AR.
I owned one for a short time that was sold to me as LNIB, but it very clearly wasn't.
So I was upset about it and could no longer enjoy the rifle and sold it at a loss.

Still would love a new or near new SR556CLA, all SR556's just ooze quality when you hold them.
Everything is tight , great finish etc.
And since the gas pistons are chromed it may be the closest thing to a zero maintance gun outside a LWRC (which has a BCG cover that has natural lubricity and feels oiled even when its not, can be shot dry even with tula 223 and not fail to cycle)

The barrel is also CHF..

cce1302

Full Access Member
I like ARs, but I'm not emotional about any particular brand.

I pretty much like them all.

I haven't shot all that many. A couple Stags, a DPMS or two, POF, Daniel Defense, Ruger, Colt, FN. Probably some others here and there.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Voted other as mine is mix of BCM, CMMG, PSA, and Spikes. But if I could buy a "factory" fresh AR, it'd be the Jack Carbine.

BCM-The-Jack.jpg

Bluez

Full Access Member
I would ask the seals or mercs what they are carrying before I bought anything.

The security contractors most commonly carry LWRC, LMT and DD.
At least as of a few years back.
of course since then we had new rifle on the market.

I dont know first what the SOF community carries even though HK416 is often quoted.

but the security contractords are among the bets weather vanes IMO since they

a) have high income but must buy their rifles out of their own pocket usually
and
b) Use that tool professionally..

Having said all that I am not of the school of buying something anything because the cool kids use it because having interacted with them I would say they are only human and are not immune to fads either.

Also their requirements set might be different than mine ( for example they get guaranteed spare parts, try that as a civilian w/ HK.... but LWRC will sell you any part you want at a reasonable price even.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts