WW II Weapons

mgentry

Full Access Member
I collect and restore WW II weapons, mainly M1 Garands and M1 Carbines. I have over ten M1 Garands and over five carbines. They are fun and challenging to find, purchase and restore.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Saw one of this on display at the Champlin Fighter Museum down in Mesa, AZ back in the 90's..interesting concept about able to shoot around corners but not very practicable as I guess after a hundred rounds or so the barrel exploded from all of the stress and trapped gas. It's called a Krummlauf and were attached to the Stg44 and a MG42...very interesting but very stupid.

303px-Krummlauf.jpg

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Came across this photo..leave it to those damn Russkies using man's best friend for anti-tank duty. Needless to say it was a one-way trip.

156950xcitefun-weapon-3.jpg

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
The doggy trick didn't work out too well for the Soviets. The dogs were trained using Russian tanks. And when they were actually tried in real combat, most of them turned around an ran back under their own armor.

You will notice that the picture must be of training, since the tank is a T-34

And the Stg44 Krummlauf was originally designed for turret-less tank destoyers (JagPanzers, StuGs, etc.) to engage infantry on their flanks.

Ranks right up there with bat-bombs, and pigeon guided bombs :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

TheOl55

Full Access Member
A Friend of mine crews on Heavenly Body a B-25 Mitchell....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqD7xXlgtgc]THREE MINUTES OVER SEDONA - YouTube[/ame]

Bobed1966

You are saying right because i am also a collector of these weapons.Some people also purchase these weapons for decorations if these are not genuine but replica.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Came across a photo of a SS soldier with a American M-1 carbine..circa late '44. I think that long term problem for the Germans with captured stuff like this would be scrounging for correct ammo on the battlefield but still hadn't seen this photo before.

germancarbine.gif

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Cool pic.
I figure the guy had a bolt action Kar98 and figured the lil' semi auto carbine was a bit better. He may have been scrounging for 8mm ammo by that state in the war anyway.

I've seen a lot of picks from the eastern front of Wermacht soldiers using Soviet weapons and vice-versa. Even German markings painted on T-34 tanks

Members online

No members online now.