22lr subsonic

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Picked up a few boxes of 22lr quiet 720 fps..... I'm not sure what to expect with slow velocity I know my scope will be off so I'm gonna remove and use stock sights. How does that sound to u guys?
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Picked up a few boxes of 22lr quiet 720 fps..... I'm not sure what to expect with slow velocity I know my scope will be off so I'm gonna remove and use stock sights. How does that sound to u guys?
Concealed 27

I've run into some quiet .22 ammo that says to only use in revolvers or single shot rifles. The low velocity stuff may not have enough power to properly cycle a semi auto. Your's may be different but just wanted to make you aware of it.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah I've seen that on some stuff but these don't say that on the box and I found this....CCI Ammunition - Product Detail

Yeah, the stuff I'm talking about is made by Aguila it's their Super Colibri Ammunition. It doesn't contain any gunpowder. It only uses the rimfire primer to propel the bullet. Here's the warning that goes with them.

"WARNING: These rounds are powered by the rimfire primer only. They must only be fired in handguns. If fired in rifles, the bullet may remain lodged in the barrel.
Will not cycle the slide of semi-automatic handguns
Aguila packages these as Long Rifle ammunition, but they are in fact slightly shorter than a 22 Long cartridge"

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Thanks brother, hey I got a question for ya unrelated what do you suggest for a gun for my old lady? I'm gonna rent a few for her to shoot cause she needs to be comfortable. I was thinking bout a versa thunder 380 cause of safety cause it will be carried in purse and not"on person" thanks brother just looking for a place to start.....
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thanks brother, hey I got a question for ya unrelated what do you suggest for a gun for my old lady? I'm gonna rent a few for her to shoot cause she needs to be comfortable. I was thinking bout a versa thunder 380 cause of safety cause it will be carried in purse and not"on person" thanks brother just looking for a place to start.....
Concealed 27

Make sure she can comfortably and confidently rack the slide on any semi auto you consider getting her. My wife has a difficult time with slides. We ended up getting her a S&W Bodyguard 38spl. with the integrated laser. A revolver is a true point shoot tool. Doesn't need a lot of thinking or trying to remember how to use it in a tense situation.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thank you Dave, much appreciated......do u have Alain gear holster?
Concealed 27

No, I keep things simple. All I have been using is a Tagua leather IWB holster with a single clip. It's not much bigger than the gun itself, has great retention and can be worn just about anywhere. Something similar to this. I've tried the larger double clips with padding and find them too bulky.

TAGIPH-1030-2.jpg

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
I have the cross breed for my glocks and it is large but comfortable. Same as the Alien without changeable kydex.. Where did you get the 22's?

Last edited:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah it's hit or miss I have some hollow points I would be willing to part with but shipping is expensive. If your interested lmk kwo51 send me a PM......sorry mods I know this not the place to put this but not to far off topic.....tx
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Hollow point shorts work so well on the tee rats that I put the pellet gun away. Thanks for the offer ,in time I may take you up on that.

oppo

Full Access Member
If it were me, I would leave the scope on and just re-zero it. You will need to re-zero the irons anyway.

I have used ammo similar to this before. It works well in a bolt action but you will almost certainly have to cycle it manually in a semi. It is definitely a lot quieter than typical "high velocity" 22 ammo.

oppo

Full Access Member
As for purse carry, I wouldn't be worried about a manual safety. I would be worried about a good holster. A safety could easily be bumped off in a purse but if you keep the trigger protected, it isn't gonna fire.

As for Alien gear, they look like a great bargain to me. I have never tried one but have the same style in an Old Faithful holster. I am definitely a fan. Btw, if there is an option, I suggest one that allows you to adjust the cant. I carry at 3:00 and cant mine forward some which allows me to draw while seated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts