.300 vs .308 vs 30-06 vs.....

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Gotcha. Well after a trip to Cabelas this morning to try for some 9mm (the guy in front of me took the last 5 boxes!)....i checked out the long gun ammo aisle. They were out of .308 (the guy said it has been very scarce), but they had plenty of .300 and 30/06. Like everyone said, the 30/06 was considerably cheaper and they had a ton of all different types and brands. I think thats gonna be my choice as far as caliber goes, especially after reading some of the articles that talk about the shortage lasting another 9 months or so. HotRodPC.......they had a 700 ADL with the Xmark trigger and a scope for $449....i liked it, that may be the one.

OK, I missed this post. At Cabelas you seen the 700 ADL with Scope for $449. If it's a good scope, that's not a bad deal at all. If you don't like the scope, then scoot over to Academy and get the 700ADL for $379 wo Scope and buy the Scope you like.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
BrothersInArms......funny you should post up. Just got your card yesterday from Central Texas Gun Works about getting some work done on my 870 (punching out the notches in the magazine to add a mag extension). I was going to call you guys today!

Feel free to come by the shop anytime!

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
For optics check out Vortex. I am running their Viper PST 2.5-10 and very happy with it. Very good glass for the money. Keep in mind a good scope will cost about the same or more than the rifle.

Cigars&Scotch

Keep in mind a good scope will cost about the same or more than the rifle.

I am also finding that out very quickly. I am somewhat educated on the rifles and calibers, but when it comes to scopes....i have no clue (other than its one of the most if not the most important components, and like you said, it will cost as much or more than the rifle for a good one.)

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
We have optics here at the shop you can check out. It's not the best glass in the world, but it's great for the money. Not to mention the fact, it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Smith

I am also finding that out very quickly. I am somewhat educated on the rifles and calibers, but when it comes to scopes....i have no clue (other than its one of the most if not the most important components, and like you said, it will cost as much or more than the rifle for a good one.)

Check out Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more!
for a good scope. This is an extension of SWFA where they sell the scopes that they have used for Demos, pictures, and other open box scopes rings etc for quite a bit cheaper than new. They rate them from A,B,and C depending on condition. Also I bought my last scope from the For Sale forum of snipershide.com. Got a brand new scope with no marks or indication that it was used for about $150 cheaper. Same with a set of USO rings. Saved me quite a bit

STF

Full Access Member
UN_helmet-bullet-holes-paranoid-republicans.jpg

Members online

No members online now.