Air Force

SWSS

Full Access Member
someone say F4? MY FAVORIT-EST! sitting pretty at EdwardsAFB!

Attachments

• DSCF0047.jpg
    DSCF0047.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 7

kwo51

Full Access Member
To me that is not a war , it is BS and our children are worth more than some damn camel jockey.Protecting the drug trade for haji.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
USAF Medal-of-Honor recipient Colonel George "Bud" Day, for heroic actions as a POW during the Vietnam war from 1967-73..big saluate.

20081007_day_bud_MOH.jpg

Day holds nearly 70 military decorations and awards, of which more than 50 are for combat. Most notable are: the Medal of Honor, the Air Force Cross, the Distinguished Service Medal, the Silver Star, the Legion of Merit, the Distinguished Flying Cross, the Air Medal with nine oak leaf clusters, the Bronze Star for Valor with two oak leaf clusters, the Bronze Star, and the Purple Heart with three clusters. Colonel Day was presented Vietnam's highest medal by their president, two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses, and Vietnamese Wings. He also wears 12 Campaign Battle Stars.

Last edited:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Ok identify this aircraft..winner gets a big saluate and a job well done.

xb46-1_300-2.jpg

Ok no winner??? it's a Convair XB-46 but never reached production.

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
I thank You for serving and protecting us, the American people of this great nation.
Did any one ever fly bomb runs over Eastern Montana, Ingomar area ???
I working for the Montana D.O.T. and there was a wreck between a snow plow and a pickup, between the interstate and Colestrip. I was sent over to cut the chains loose from the plow to release the truck so another plow over at Ingomar could be hooked to it.
While I was there, there was a fighter jet come over, real low, He seen what was going on and circled around, dropping even lower, when He got just about over us, I could clearly see Him, and He seeing us, I waved, not a whole arm, just My hand, He raised His hand and waved back, turned that fighter to the sky and nailed it. That was one of those memorable sights that I will never forget.
All I can say is, I am glad He was/is on Our side, other wise if it had been in a war zone, there`d have been NO ESCAPING that bird.
Thank You, for an unforgettable moment and for serving.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Pilots of war planes are going by the way of the doe doe bird. Some kid with a game boy control will be flying next gen. war birds!!!!

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Pilots of war planes are going by the way of the doe doe bird. Some kid with a game boy control will be flying next gen. war birds!!!!

To true, we are flying the drones in our military.... you are right, a non piloted stealth fighter is on the books probably being tested at a secret facility as we speak.....

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I agree the days of a true combat pilot is perhaps numbered. For kids today playing computer sims in their bedrooms will perhaps be tomorrows armchair pilots...it's happening right now with the drones.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I agree the days of a true combat pilot is perhaps numbered. For kids today playing computer sims in their bedrooms will perhaps be tomorrows armchair pilots...it's happening right now with the drones.

I have so much respect for our pilots in all forces, we truly have air supremacy. Its amazing what they can do even thought the true dogfight days are over, we shootem down before they even know were around.......technology is rising at a pace that is unbeleiveable, look at what has been accomplished in the last 100 years. Hard to think were we will be in 2113.......
Concealed 27

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
The news cast reads:
Work from home Mom shoots down four enemy aircraft and bombs four bunkers, while fixing supper for her childrens. :anitoof:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Someone brought up a interesting question..should these armchair video pilots be awarded medals like their air combat pilots do?. They attended tech schools and I'm sure logged long hours of flight sim classes plus real time briefings on selected targets, computer settings, 3D maps and cameras, tracking and weapons selections plus have a good eye and hand reflex to accomplish the mission, debriefings and evaluation reports...must like a combat pilot has to go thru.

120801_FT_DRONE_PILOT.jpg.CROP.article250-medium.jpg

Last edited:

Full Access Member
Someone brought up a interesting question..should these armchair video pilots be awarded medals like their air combat pilots do?. They attended tech schools and I'm sure logged long hours of flight sim classes plus real time briefings on selected targets, computer settings, 3D maps and cameras, tracking and weapons selections plus have a good eye and hand reflex to accomplish the mission...just like a combat pilot has to go thru.

120801_FT_DRONE_PILOT.jpg.CROP.article250-medium.jpg

Yes, But they are not in harms way.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I believe they should be awarded, but its different 4 sure, like #860 said they are not in harms way.. no longer will physical conditioning be an issue.. a 400 lb man can now pilot an aircraft....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts