Anyone with a Kel-tec SU-22?

KKing

Full Access Member
I know the Most popular is the 10/22 for obvious reasons but I bought this rifle a couple months back and I have to say I love it. I had read reviews of people having trouble with FTF's and FTE's but I have yet to have any of significance. It is very ammo picky though, just as most .22's I've owned are. There's quite a bit of accessories available for it, uses AR 15 .22 mags and shares the same barrel threading. Just figured I'd see if anyone else has one since I haven't seen any thread with them in it.
This one's not mine, but what mine will look like in a couple months. This is actually a guys (L4E) on the Kel tec owners group site
1D720FB3-54B9-4836-A62C-0C616506DD5D-1589-000001C615059248.jpg

SU-22C-15RoundMag-Iso2A.jpg

SU-22C-15RoundMag-FoldedA.jpg

cce1302

Full Access Member
That looks pretty cool. If it were my rifle and I had someone else's money to play with, it'd be a great gun to SBR the barrel just off the end of the forend, lose the front pistol grip, add a small red dot like the burris fastfire, and keep in my pocket or under my car seat.

KKing

Full Access Member
That looks pretty cool. If it were my rifle and I had someone else's money to play with, it'd be a great gun to SBR the barrel just off the end of the forend, lose the front pistol grip, add a small red dot like the burris fastfire, and keep in my pocket or under my car seat.

I'm following ya, but I think for all that work I'd just get the plr22 (pistol version of this gun, check it out) and put the stock on it
6eguduja.jpg

I think you hit the nail on the head about "someone else's money", its for that reason I don't have a SBR, that pesky $200 stamp. I'm getting that stock with either what's left over from Christmas or next month. For reference, here's a stock picture
rety2u4e.jpg

Last edited:

cce1302

Full Access Member
I'm not sure what you're saying exactly. It sounds like you think that you can put a stock on a pistol and not pay the $200 tax stamp for a short barreled rifle. That is not correct. Even to convert a pistol to an SBR you must pay the tax. If that's not what you're saying, then I apologize for my misunderstanding.

Also, It's not too big of a deal to get a machine shop to cut, crown and thread a barrel. There's a couple around here that will do it.

KKing

Full Access Member
Yeah we're saying the same things, just going at it 2 different ways. You from the rifle to SBR, me from the pistol to SBR. I may have said it funny, I was at work and had to get up several times while responding. But yeah, $200 stamp either way, not for me.

Fabian

Best .22 ever!

I have one and I love it! I have the full stock with magazine ports. I do have feeding issues with remington subsonics but federal and most other full velocity rounds work fine. I'm looking for the pistol grip adjustable stock.. I can't find it anywhere!!

KKing

Full Access Member
I have one and I love it! I have the full stock with magazine ports. I do have feeding issues with remington subsonics but federal and most other full velocity rounds work fine. I'm looking for the pistol grip adjustable stock.. I can't find it anywhere!!

Yeah right now finding just about any parts is impossible. I think my manual actually says to use high velocity rounds, if not I know I read it somewhere. I've actually shot over a thousand rounds without a FTF, had one FTE where the case got stuck in the frame just above the barrel, and one Winchester super X that didn't have primer in it, so no fault of the gun

Sig 1911

I have two actually and love them I havent had any issues with them what so ever once they were broke in. breaking them in was interesting because both of them doubled on me several times but after about 150 rounds that never happened again. However I do have a question about this gun for u guys, can anyone tell me if this is a piston driven action or is the rod that is connected o the action simply a gide rod?

GunnerJacky

The cheapest gun that I know is the Mossberg 715 around $220, It looks like an AR-15. Though it's the only clone to come with a carry handle.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Keltec form has been around a long time and almost all questions have been asked. Been on it from the beginning and one of the moderators had worked in the plant in Florida.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts