Black Friday.....Make a purchase?

doublestack

Been looking for a auto-loader and still am....just can't decide if I want to spend the money on a M1a or go with a Mini-thirty. Leaning towards the mini-thirty. But in the mean time had been watching a lot of you-tube videos and became smitten with the Mosin-Nagant 9130. Just so happened I was looking through the BF ads and the local Big5 had them on sale for $109
Picked one up on the way home from work, luckily got the last one they had.
Now to take it apart and let her soak to get the cosmo off. It's a 1942 build and looks to be in pretty good shape, but will reserve final judgement till I get her clean.
Post up your Black Friday or pre xmas purchase....
guns001.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Not a BF purchase but still on topic since it's a Mosin-Nagant. I just found out after doing some research that my MN is a 1930 model. One of 1500 made that year. I bought it probably 20 years ago and didn't know what I had. Fortunately, it's just sat in the gun cabinet and I haven't done anything to it.

Got luck with yours. Hope you enjoy it. Just over $100 is a great price for one of these guns.

doublestack

Not a BF purchase but still on topic since it's a Mosin-Nagant. I just found out after doing some research that my MN is a 1930 model. One of 1500 made that year. I bought it probably 20 years ago and didn't know what I had. Fortunately, it's just sat in the gun cabinet and I haven't done anything to it.

Got luck with yours. Hope you enjoy it. Just over $100 is a great price for one of these guns.
Thats just too cool! I hate to think of all the childhood stuff I gave away or sold cheap that are now worth good money. After joining this forum, I realized I still have a couple of bayonets that my dad used while in Guadalcanal during WWII(25th Tropic Lightning Brigade). Not sure of the worth, but won't be giving them away, except to a nephew....maybe. Just wish he was able to keep his carbine, .45 and Enfield.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah, keep those sentimental keepsakes in the family for sure. I see your gun came with a bayonet. That's cool. I wish I had one for mine but it takes a certain type. Not your regular MN bayonet. I've seen some on the net but they cost more than the gun did. I'll eventually find one and have to get it.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
I also purchased a MN 91/30 thru Big5 about three years ago..also dated 1942 with oiler/bayonet/cleaning rod for $79. I handed it to my Dad once who was a WWII vet and he was surprised by the weight and length of it. Even found a geniune Russian WW2 scope for it too.

doublestack

I also purchased a MN 91/30 thru Big5 about three years ago..also dated 1942 with oiler/bayonet/cleaning rod for $79. I handed it to my Dad once who was a WWII vet and he was surprised by the weight and length of it. Even found a geniune Russian WW2 scope for it too.

Yup, kinda kick myself for not picking all the different surplus rifles when Big5 was selling them for the price you paid.

mgentry

Full Access Member
You have a very functional piece of military history. I have a few of Mosins, The are very accurate, fun to shoot, and if you buy some ammo for it before all of these potential gun issues, you can get a lot of ammo very cheap. The cheapest Mosin ammo is corrosive, but you can also buy some that is not corrosive for just a few dollars more. Good luck - great rifle - enjoy!

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
By the end of World War 2, approximately 17.4 million M91/30 rifles had been produced.

Even today there are still examples used by military/rebel forces..which shows the durability of one in the field.

Members online

No members online now.