Black Rifle Thread, let's see them.

Duncnstac

Black Rifles & a few others

I've never done a just black rifle shot but thats most of what i've ended up with.
From Upper left.

MP5 clone vector
HK USC
CX4
P90
UZI
Kriss Super V
ACR
AR15
AR10
Sagia 12
M1 Socom in camo

Do subs count as black rifle?

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 34

Gard

Full Access Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RUxlFnNmU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RUxlFnNmU[/ame]

Slowpoke

Just put the SN3 on my LE901. Had to take the rear sight off even with the ex high rings on. Will put some pics up later--going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow.

DEFSTUGRP

IMG_8228.jpg

SWSS

Full Access Member
S&W AR15 Sport, 5.56 - .458 SOCOM upper on order
some others that are not black but are "black"...

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Does this qualify? The furniture isn't black but it could be considered a black type weapon. Russian SKS pre ban with bayonet.
2012-10-11_19-39-40_466.jpg

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Me likey a lot :D

I was talking to a guy at the local gun shop this afternoon. He had one in his rack. He said you can't hardly find them with the bayonet anymore. The bayonet lug is cut off so there's nowhere to mount it. I think he said it was valued at about $800. But I think I've seen them for less.

Rangel

aryjaje4.jpg

About to start collecting parts for my first build.
About to put a 12" YHM rail on the Top gun.

Cerberos

Here are few toys from the safe...

A LaRue 12" SBR with a thread on suppressor
LaRueSBRCase.jpg

The current setup utilizes a Gemtech G5T in lieu of the SRT Hurricane shown above
FCS556Vortex.jpg

Another LaRue, this time an 16" OBR (7.62mm) with a Gemtech Quicksand suppressor
OBRGemtech3.jpg

Both LaRue's in their travel cases
OBRSBR.jpg

And one of my favorite varmint rifles, a custom Les Baer 20". Barrel has hidden threads for a SRT titanium suppressor.
LesBaerAR15.jpg

Target01-02-10-1.jpg

Cerberos

As some of you are aware, the LaRue 7.62 OBR has rapidly become a viable option for many professional shooters in lieu of the more traditional bolt gun. The 16" barrel has superb accuracy, reliability and easy maneuverability, which make for a very attractive package.

However, just like a bolt gun, the semi-auto is subject to POI shifts when a suppressor is introduced into the equation. Having to anticipate, or compensate for that shift under stress is not always easy.

Here is how Gemtech worked with me to minimize the POI shift and increase the repeatability of the OBR/suppressor combination. First of all, the bi-lock QD insures that the suppressor goes on the same each and every time. Secondly, the mount places the distal end 2.35" of barrel in tension to help offset the various stress factors caused by the suppressor. The last, and potentially, most important factor is the use of a titanium suppressor, which minimizes the weight hanging off the end of the barrel.

Here is a drawing showing how the barrel is profiled to accept the tensioning QD mount.
BarrelTensioning.jpg

The QD installed
OBRGemtech1.jpg

And the results; the initial group (left and center) works out to a .382 MOA, and was shot without the suppressor. The second group (3 shot vertical string low to the right) was shot with the suppressor and opens the total group up to just 1.152 MOA. I'm a very happy camper!
Group1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts