ccw denial

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I went to get a gun today and they said I had to have further review. I have no felonies or any other charges or arrests in the last five years so I don't understand has this happened anyone else here ? Very frustrating I don't understand it all can somebody shed some light on this . Thanks brothers be safe and good .
Concealed 27

kwo51

Full Access Member
Was this due to the federal back ground check? also they may be having contact problems with all the water you have had there.Good luck and make a paper trail!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
BATFE randomly flags checks for further review. Past record could make it more likely that they give it another look also.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
How long does the review take to get done? Never run into this before. The NSA has been lurking here on this site. They're onto your nefarious ways. :hmmm2:

Bluez

Full Access Member
I understand a "further review" is not a denial.
Actually the shop has to right to give it to you if they weren't specifically told "No" within X number of days (I think its 3)

Arckadian

I don't get guns that often so I have never run into this issue, but for me I just show them my CCW and all they do is call the Department of Public Safety and tell me I am good to go. I am just glad that I haven't run into that problem yet.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
X2 on the CHP (concealed handgun permit in NC). I fill out the federal form and show my CHP and out the door I go. It's like, how many you want?

There was the time I bought a Ruger 22/45 base model (used) and then decided I would rather have the "Lite" version (new). So I went back to the same shop the very next day. All I had done was carry the gun home and returned it. Didn't even shoot it. The gun dude said "No problem". Gave me full credit toward the new gun but did have to fill out a form saying that I bought multiple weapons from him within a 24 hour period. Even though I still only walked out of there with one gun. Feds and there rules. Never going to figure them out.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah it was under futhrer reveiew took 3days but no reason why..... Oh well what are you gonna do At least I got it

kwo51

Full Access Member
Good to hear. There has been some trouble getting through due to heavy load on call center before. Did your gun store apologize?

Members online

No members online now.