CZ Kadet kit on the way!!

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Just got off the phone with my local gunshop. He finally stumbled upon a Kadet .22 conversion for my CZ-75b.
I've been trying to track one down for months, and ole' Jim finally pulls though:favorites37:

Should have it later this week.

Now if I culd just find a bunch of different .22 ammo to run though it:boxed:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I put another 300 rounds through the Kadet today...this is quickly becoming my favorite pistol.
To be honest, the first few times I shot it, I was unimpressed. The magazines were hard to load and I had a few reliability issues with it.
I soon found a trick to loading the mags without so much effort and worked my way through a bunch of ammo types to see what it didn't like. Whether it was getting past a break-in period or just having some bad ammo at the beginning I'm not sure; But the pistol is now running great. Only 2 failures to fire today and a second squeeze of the trigger sent the bullet down range, so it must have been the ammo again.

I've put about 1000 rounds of .22 through it in the past few months. And only about 100 using the original .40cal pistol.

I do need to find some more magazines though.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Do they limit you to ten rounds per mag? My buck mark is like that .They could easily hold 20 rounds.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Yeah, the mags are 10 round capacity. I think one factor with .22 ammo is the rim; as the bullets are stacked, they tend to "bend" forward which would make the magazine need to have a curve (think of high-cap 10/22 mags)which would be difficult in a handgun grip.

I also need to figure out how to disassemble these mags to clean them. I was on the steel target range and doing quick mag changes. That meant the mags were dropping in the sand and they got pretty gritty by the end. I took them to work today and blasted them with compressed air, but can still feel the sand crunching inside when I push the follower down.

Members online

No members online now.