Drop away rest

oppo

Full Access Member
I finally decided to try a drop away rest and picked up an NAP Apache. I am extremelypleased with it. It is a full capture rest that is padded on the inside. It is very quiet and noticably more accurate than my old prong style rest. It is also easy to set up. Should have switched years ago.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I finally decided to try a drop away rest and picked up an NAP Apache. I am extremelypleased with it. It is a full capture rest that is padded on the inside. It is very quiet and noticably more accurate than my old prong style rest. It is also easy to set up. Should have switched years ago.

Ok OK !!! What's going on here oppo??? :nono: Did you miss the memo? No Pics or Video... It didn't happen !!! :Nonono:

Get'em posted up. :Sumo:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
He's talking archery on a gun forum. What is this world coming to?

What bow you running it on?

Yeah well, supposed to be Bows, Knives and Swords too. But then again, those don't really make any loud noise, and usually won't win in a gun fight soooo....

But we do need to get something going in the other categories.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Yeah well, supposed to be Bows, Knives and Swords too. But then again, those don't really make any loud noise, and usually won't win in a gun fight soooo....

But we do need to get something going in the other categories.

Yeah, I realized that and amended my post above. You caught me before I got it changed. Dangit! I was on another "Gun Only" type forum and got the two confused. Been a long day. That's what I get for trying to be a wise guy.

The drop away does look interesting. I just watched a Youtube on the Apache drop away rest.

Arckadian

hehe on this forum we do not discriminate any weapon type. at one time everything has been used as a weapon of some kind. :D

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Hopefully it turns into a well rounded forum. Shooters, Hunters including Black Powder, Archery and Rifle, Preppers, Collectors including C&R, Swords, Knives, and even some Martial Arts weaponry, like chucks and stars etc. It'll be good. I still need to be sharing ideas and haven't done it yet.

oppo

Full Access Member
What bow you running it on?

It is on my old Parker Hunter Mag single cam.

74 lb draw weight
29" draw length
386 grain Gold Tip Velocity XT, 300 spine, 100 grain point
5 pin Truglo Extreme sight with an extra pin added

The sight isn't a great target sight but it is extremely bright when it is getting dark ib the woods.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
It is on my old Parker Hunter Mag single cam.

74 lb draw weight
29" draw length
386 grain Gold Tip Velocity XT, 300 spine, 100 grain point
5 pin Truglo Extreme sight with an extra pin added

The sight isn't a great target sight but it is extremely bright when it is getting dark ib the woods.
:word:
Need pics of the bow too. :Wedgie:

:happy175::happy175::happy175:

oppo

Full Access Member
I will have to work on that. I may even have to get one of those smart phone holders that mounts to a bow and figure out how to upload video. :think:

oppo

Full Access Member
No video to prove it but this was at 90 yards.

AB062866-orig.jpg

oppo

Full Access Member
For my next upgrade, I want a Montana Black Gold Ascent from their custom shop with a 4 pin Vengance head. I want the first pin to be a .029, the next two .019, and for the last one, maybe a .010 for the really long shots. This setup would give me the utility of a fixed pin hunting sight with the long range precision of an adjustable single pin target sight.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I've just got an old Jennings Buckmaster. Just something I found on ebay and bid on and ended up winning it pretty cheap. Came with case, side mount quiver, sight an an assortment of arrows.

oppo

Full Access Member
I've just got an old Jennings Buckmaster. Just something I found on ebay and bid on and ended up winning it pretty cheap. Came with case, side mount quiver, sight an an assortment of arrows.

Once you get her dialed in and adjusted for you, you will have a lot of fun with her. :)

After some practice, you might be suprised at what you and the old gal can do.

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Once you get her dialed in and adjusted for you, you will have a lot of fun with her. :)

After some practice, you might be suprised at what you and the old gal can do.

The Buckmaster was suppose to be pretty cutting edge for it's time. It's probably more capable than I am. The bow I had before this one was just a fiberglass recurve. Basically a toy. But I was pretty darn good with it back when I was a kid out in the woods.

And watch those Black Panther comments. You might get labeled.

Members online

No members online now.