Faithless Electors – Political Sewage In The Electoral College

priell3

Full Access Member
By Mark Rogers 12/08/2016

Yeah, lots of people opposed to Donald Trump being elected president are calling on Electoral College electors to refuse to cast their vote for Trump.

That would make those electors “faithless electors”.

Here’s the problem with that little proposition. It makes those electors the sewage of our Constitutional system of national presidential elections.

The Electoral College is not an invention of modern times.

It was put in place by the framers of our constitution to keep the balance of power in the hands of a majority of states. Not just in the hands of dense population centers.

The Electors for either major party in all states are committed and trusted to cast their votes for the candidate of their party should the majority of the citizens of the state vote for that candidate.

Republican for Republican. Democrat for Democrat.

Let me tell you how I perceive this, and how important it is to me and should be to all Americans.

If Hillary Clinton (who I loathe) had won the majority of Electoral College votes, and any Democratic elector in any state would have refused to vote for her, I would still be writing this.

To be clear “Electors” are committed and trusted to carry out our constitutional process of electing a president. It is an honor beyond description.

For any elector to break their commitment does not make them brave, noble, courageous.

It makes them political sewage.

Period.

There is no lower place in American politics than an Electoral College elector, of either party, that refuses to keep their commitment.

Except people who get on Facebook and other public forums to encourage them to do it.

Yeah they may be even worse.

Faithless Electors – Political Sewage In The Electoral College

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I think the people getting on public social websites calling for the president elects assassination are lower than the sludge that accumulates at the bottom of a septic tank. And they're less useful.

ViperJeff

Administrator
I think the people getting on public social websites calling for the president elects assassination are lower than the sludge that accumulates at the bottom of a septic tank. And they're less useful.

You know it's all fun and games till the Secret Service shows up :Sumo:

Bluez

Full Access Member
Ironically HRC got the most faithless electors in recent history... serves her well...

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Hillary_DarthVader_Lack_of_Faith.jpg

:rondod:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts