Funny Pics

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
Blatantly stolen from Pirate 4x4, because we have just enough snow here tonight, to make the lousy drivers seek milk & toilet paper. :rolleyes:

roads%20flow2_zpsroq3peob.jpg

2485082d1483629188-how-roads-roads-flow.jpg

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
They are now forecasting that we may get up to 8" of snow. For my arctic friends, that's nothing. Not when you're use to measuring snow by the feet. For North Carolina it's a major snow event. We'll be shut down for a couple days as the limited snow removal equipment tries to keep up. For my tropic friends, it'll be ok. We can survive this. The world is not coming to an end.

As a precaution, I've gotten some gasoline. Made sure the generator will start and run. And bought my wife a snow shovel. That should about cover things. I also got a couple days worth of firewood up on the deck so I don't have to go to the wood shed during this catastrophe. Ha! Who am I kidding? I'd just send my wife to get the firewood. She's the one with the snow shovel.

Last edited:

kwo51

Full Access Member
No I don't like this. Be carful all you snow birds. In Gainesville Fla . 1990 the police put a curfew at 8pm for all nonessential persons on the road. Fla. power grid is not built for snow storms nor are us lineman.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't know why they feel they must get out into it. Unless you HAVE to go to work, stay home and have a nice warm cup of cocoa.

The War Wagon

Full Access Member
I don't know why they feel they must get out into it. Unless you HAVE to go to work, stay home and have a nice warm cup of cocoa.

When I got my '79 Bronco - in 1987 - I thought, "A HA! I'm FINALLY gonna find out what I've been missing all these years, on a snow day!" This was when I was living in Salisbury, NC.

Sure enough, we get a nice 9" snowfall that next January, so I take off into the night - hubs locked, 4 - High - my first snow-wheeling experience.

I get out to the old Kwik-Stop on 29 south of town, and there's about 20 good ol' boys - all in full-size 4x4 pickups, and a couple of Blazers there. So they're all standing around asking - "You see anything? Naw - you see sumpin'? Naw." :rolleyes:

And other than listening to the CB, and racing to pull someone out of a ditch for $20 (tow trucks then were charging $60!), that's pretty much how EVERY snow event in the late '80's/early '90's went down there. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts