Gentlemen of the Glock, give me your ears.....and opinions

kwo51

Full Access Member
They took all the meat out. Coat is 2xl and weights so much I hate it. Bought it to ride my bike with ,now I think I will use it for cover it in the hurricane season.

otasan

Full Access Member
Budget doesn't really matter really if the only difference is +/- $100, but I'm not totally against buying used. I don't really need the ambi features, and weight doesn't really matter. Capacity DOES however and I like the idea of it coming fresh with that extra mag, especially with it being mostly a range gun the less reloading the better. I think I like the full grip of the 17 better, I'm 6'3 and I'd say I have a decent sized paw. I guess I really need to go handle both, if I can even find a place with both in stock. Sometimes I just need to bounce things off someone.

I'd get the 3rd gen G17 for sure. Gaston's orig design works well.

G17 all the way. For target shooting your going to want that full frame. I shoot USPSA with my G17 and im addicted to it. If i was you it would depend on the type of shooter i am to decide for what generation. I personally would pick the gen 3 because it currently has more upgrades avalibe and at a reasonable price than the gen 4, and can be extreamly customized. What makes a gen 4 a gen 4 is, the slide recoil spring is a doube spring, for a quicker return and more durable, the grip is a little better with checkering and the palm part of the grip is removable and can be replaced with different sizes so you can center the trigger on your pointer finger and better palm fit. So, right out of the box the gen 4 is just a step higer then the gen 3, but the gen 3 has more customization, barrels, triggers, recoil springs ect. depends on you. Try checking out the upsgrades at GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

otasan

Full Access Member
G17 all the way. For target shooting your going to want that full frame. I shoot USPSA with my G17 and im addicted to it. If i was you it would depend on the type of shooter i am to decide for what generation. I personally would pick the gen 3 because it currently has more upgrades avalibe and at a reasonable price than the gen 4, and can be extreamly customized. What makes a gen 4 a gen 4 is, the slide recoil spring is a doube spring, for a quicker return and more durable, the grip is a little better with checkering and the palm part of the grip is removable and can be replaced with different sizes so you can center the trigger on your pointer finger and better palm fit. So, right out of the box the gen 4 is just a step higer then the gen 3, but the gen 3 has more customization, barrels, triggers, recoil springs ect. depends on you. Try checking out the upsgrades at GlockStore.com - Glock Parts & Accessories, Glock Magazines & Apparel

Good advice here.

Members online

No members online now.