Getting a .22 hand gun next month... Suggestions

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Sig has a line of .22's. Although expensive they are easily converted to 9mm, .40, 0r .357Sig. Practice on the same frame is a huge advantage.

DOOM

22 target pistol

A very nice 22 for some semi-serious target shooting is the Smith and Wesson 22-A with the 7" Bull barrel. Decent iron sights, top rail for optics, trigger is very good for factory and you will spend less then $300.00.....
This one is very hard to beat at that under $500 range.
DooM

:win:

william.womble

Walther P22 is awesome. It has three backstraps for the grip to fit any size hand and any reviews you read of the federal bulk not working through it is a cleaning issue. I have put over a thousand rounds of federal bulk through it with no problems.

reefguy89

Walther P22 is awesome. It has three backstraps for the grip to fit any size hand and any reviews you read of the federal bulk not working through it is a cleaning issue. I have put over a thousand rounds of federal bulk through it with no problems.

^^^this one of the ranges i go to regularly has one that you can rent. I get it everytime i go and have put well over 600+ rounds thru it of cci minimags. The only issue i have had are a couple of jams.

i have also shoot the sr22 by ruger and i thought it was a good gun. But i wasnt to fond of that trigger pull on the first load. it had like a double action that took some getting used to.

Bootstrap

Full Access Member
Not a Walther fan. Browning buckmarks are nice, ruger mark series are fantastic

Sent from my DROID RAZR

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Ruger .22 Hunter. Suppose to be a "Tack Driver". I know a guy who uses it to teach his CCW class so he knows if the student is missing, it's not the guns fault. It's purdy too.

doublestack

Ruger .22 Hunter. Suppose to be a "Tack Driver". I know a guy who uses it to teach his CCW class so he knows if the student is missing, it's not the guns fault. It's purdy too.

Yup, they are tack drivers. Me thinks any "target" grade pistol from a major maker will a tack driver.
Collection-1.jpg

Love the fluted barrel!

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Been looking at .22 pistols as well. Find my self leaning toward the Ruger mk. Cousin has one and I love to shoot it. VERY accurate.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
The Ruger MK series are great guns. Take some time and learn how to disassemble and assemble them. They can be tricky to learn. I have a MKII Government Model (slab side bull barrel) and it's a very accurate gun.

blockdoc

Full Access Member
I love my MK II. I've hunted squirrels with it, and did well in Camp Perry competition after just loading CCI green tags (no mods to the gun at all).

Mine is a little old now; my parents gave it to me for Christmas about 20 years ago. Might be time for me to look at adding a newer MK II series to the collection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353690499.990594.jpg

For a revolver, I carry a Taurus tracker in the woods for snakes & such. (usually end up shooting little sticks for practice)

Members online

No members online now.