Gun Appreciation Day - Jan. 19

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I will be somewhere armed with all 3 glocks on my person concealed Waving our flag and my shirt everyone hates.....Gonna be a Good Day.......

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Anyone around the Northwest Arkansas area want to meet at a local range for this? I am thinking about putting a post on my Facebook to see if anyone that doesn't own/has never shot a gun to join me at the range that day for free.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I wish I was off work for this. Hopefully all gun owners are responsible that day

I have posted this elsewhere and will do so in this case also..

It is the soldier, not the reporter,
who has given us Freedom of Press.

It is the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us Freedom of Speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the Freedom to Demonstrate.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag
that allows the protester to burn the flag.

By Father Dennis O'Brien
Chaplain, USN
God Bless Our Troops

RangerDanger

Full Access Member

By Father Dennis O'Brien
Chaplain, USN
God Bless Our Troops

I'm not really understanding why you quoted me for that but good read :handshake:

ViperJeff

Administrator

By Father Dennis O'Brien
Chaplain, USN
God Bless Our Troops

Read this a number of times in different venues, it needs to be shared as much as possible, some forget about the sacrifies soldiers make, and the subtle reminders like this are always the best

Vj

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I qoeted u in reference to everyone being safe and responsanble........ the solders give us our rights to demonstrate in a country of freedom of speech...., without them we are unable to live a lifestyle that we live. If it does not make sense sorry bout that....

Last edited:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I qoeted u in reference to everyone being safe and responsanble........ the solders give us our rights to demonstrate in a country of freedom of speech...., without them we are unable to live a lifestyle that we live. If it does not make sense sorry bout that....

My comment was merely posted because I'd hate to see anyone give the libs any more ammo for their anti-gun campaign. Most of the members here seem quite responsible so maybe my comment was misplaced and I didn't mean it in a negative manner. Considering I spent 4 years in the Army as a Ranger so I'm quite familiar with what soldiers give us and I respect anyone who has served and is still serving. It makes perfect sense to me and I think it's a great quote but I felt it was directed towards me when possibly it shouldn't have been.

Maybe I just misunderstood you but either way its cool :happy160:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
My comment was merely posted because I'd hate to see anyone give the libs any more ammo for their anti-gun campaign. Most of the members here seem quite responsible so maybe my comment was misplaced and I didn't mean it in a negative manner. Considering I spent 4 years in the Army as a Ranger so I'm quite familiar with what soldiers give us and I respect anyone who has served and is still serving. It makes perfect sense to me and I think it's a great quote but I felt it was directed towards me when possibly it shouldn't have been.

Maybe I just misunderstood you but either way its cool :happy160:

Thank you sir for your service.. in no way was it a shot at anyone, I was unable to serve. Alot my buddy's went to Gulf war right after graduation (1990) and unforunatly a few came back draped in a flag. So it was a compliment for the courage and commitment to those who served to protect our rights.... Concealed 27

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Thank you sir for your service.. in no way was it a shot at anyone, I was unable to serve. Alot my buddy's went to Gulf war right after graduation (1990) and unforunatly a few came back draped in a flag. So it was a compliment for the courage and commitment to those who served to protect our rights.... Concealed 27

Your welcome and I'd do it again if necessary. I wasn't sure so that's why I wanted confirmation so we're good. I have a few friends that had medical issues so they couldn't join so I understand. I still respect their and your desire to serve though. I served during peace time 94-98 so some would say I'm lucky but I would've glady given it my best so others can live the life they want. I'm sorry for your loss. I too lost some good friends in Afghanistan that gave the ultimate sacrifice. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Your welcome and I'd do it again if necessary. I wasn't sure so that's why I wanted confirmation so we're good. I have a few friends that had medical issues so they couldn't join so I understand. I still respect their and your desire to serve though. I served during peace time 94-98 so some would say I'm lucky but I would've glady given it my best so others can live the life they want. I'm sorry for your loss. I too lost some good friends in Afghanistan that gave the ultimate sacrifice. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you

No apology needed my fellow brother....
:happy160:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
:happy160:

Back on topic. Who all is going to attend this?

I am gonna go to buddy's shop and hang out with him and shoot the shit with him and go out front of the store in intervils with a 4 foot flag and a sign bashing antigun nuts. Nothing crazy but I'm going thru stuff now to print what I want on my signs.. Concealed 27

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Take a friend shooting that day, if they don't like shooting, find better friends

I only have a few friends and they all shoot. On another thread I spoke of my mother who is not anti-gun but opposes alot of my views. She agreed recently to let me teach her how to shoot starting with safety first. I speak to her everyday and she sees alot of this site that I show her. Problem is ranges are so full that sometimes its a 2-3 hr wait to get a lane........ But even if I dont take her on Saturday we will be going soon and I am so happy. Finally after years of her not understanding why I carry, she gets it... Made me feel great, gonna rent a few guns for her to shoot because she needs to be able to rack the slide on whatever I get her....... Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.