Hello I build slingshots

cce1302

Full Access Member
Well tests coming soon but here is some logic. A 22 round withholding 130 joules of energy has the same amount of penetration power as a 30mm steel ball with the same amount of energy. But it would cause more damage than a 22 because it has more surface area. Causeing more 6x more damage then a 22 because a 22 bullet is 5mm.

I think you're in for a surprise.

STF

Full Access Member
OK, I'm calling BS on this whole thread.

search google for "armadillo slingshot" and the third image brings you here: Armadillo, no more yard work for this one! - Slingshot Hunting - Slingshot Forum

Some guy named Bill Hays.... not "slingshotboy"

a quick search through all the threads Bill Hays has done and this video comes up [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2KWnkiMkn8&feature=player_embedded]Slingshot shooting contest, fun and prizes while increasing your skills! - YouTube[/ame]

Doesn't sound anything like this guy:
Natural fork theraband gold slingshot/ catapult - YouTube

oppo

Full Access Member
Well tests coming soon but here is some logic. A 22 round withholding 130 joules of energy has the same amount of penetration power as a 30mm steel ball with the same amount of energy. But it would cause more damage than a 22 because it has more surface area. Causeing more 6x more damage then a 22 because a 22 bullet is 5mm.

I used lead because it weighs more than steel.

You do realize that you are contradicting yourself, right?

oppo

Full Access Member
Now, what did I do with that picture of someone digging their self deeper into a hole? :think:

oppo

Full Access Member
Look here.............. Steel is good for tatget practice because of the consistency. Lead weighs more so its better for hunting. But then again steel does the job good too.

Look where? That is not what you said earlier. Read what was posted and think about it before digging yourself into a deeper hole.

ninja man

Full Access Member
i think he is forgetting that velocity has big roll to play in this as well. a rubberband can only stretch so far. also shape has a lot to do with it too. let me take my nunchaku's and my throwing stars and show you what i mean.

Slingshotboy

Maybe not done by me but still done

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLxnNP-ycVQ]Can a slingshot hit harder than handguns? The Shootout. - YouTube[/ame]

Bluez

Full Access Member
SSB : thanks for bring this topic to us.
Frankly I think its both interesting and relevant :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts