Hey guys I pick up a new Sig Sauer P229

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
I have a srt trigger and some G10 Hogue grip it's a .40 cal. but I have a .357 Sig barrel in it.

This is my edc now.

Brand new.

Also a free hat.

Thanks guys for looking, I love it and am thinking about getting another one.

Bluez

Full Access Member
So its brand new?

You say it a 40 cal with a 357 sig barrel???
Does that work? :eek:

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
So its brand new?

Yes sir it's a .40 with a factory .357 Sig barrel in it, it's working really good I also took it to the range last week and it ran flawlessly.

Nice catch. No range report needed just shoot well.

This is an awesome shooter, it heavy so it help with the recoil.

kwo51

Full Access Member
229 comes from factory with 40 S&W /9MM / 357 sig. 357 has the best ballistics but is hardest to find in the story's.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
229 comes from factory with 40 S&W /9MM / 357 sig. 357 has the best ballistics but is hardest to find in the story's.

I can pick up a box of 50 for $14 and a box of 250 for $75 so it's not problem for me. I have about or almost 1000 rounds of just the fmj, I have been buying them for a few months now, before I retired from my job.

oppo

Full Access Member
I can pick up a box of 50 for $14 and a box of 250 for $75 so it's not problem for me. I have about or almost 1000 rounds of just the fmj, I have been buying them for a few months now, before I retired from my job.

357 Sig for $14 a box? (faints)

That is great. I have never seen it near that price. It isn't an issue though, since I reload. My cost is half of that for hollowpoints. One nice thing about 357 Sig is that it can be reloaded for essentially the same cost as 9mm.

oppo

Full Access Member
So its brand new?

Absolutely it does. The only difference between the two is the barrel. Brass dimensions are essentially the same since the 357 Sig is based off the 40. It would be like rebarreling a 30-06 to 270 or a 5.56 AR to 300 BO.

357and40.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Yep that's all I had to get and I order the barrel from the factory. I went yesterday since I bought the P229 and pick up another Sig these are like glock once you get one you have to have another one. I pick up a Sig Sauer M11-A1 in 9mm with the srt trigger and factory night sight.

Both together.

God have being good to me this year already I pick up two guns.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Oh yeah I went to Cabela's today and pick up some more fmj 9mm so when I go to the range with my M11-A1 I will be able to put a few boxes on 9mm.

doublestack

:favorites13: Good lookin pair of guns you got there! Bought two pistols this year and got the itch for 2 or 3 more and my collection should be complete.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Well I finally took my Sig M11-A1 out to the range today, I had a few off but for the most part she is a keeper. I put about 150 Blazer fmj, 20 rounds or Winchester PDX1 124gr +P, 40 rounds of Federal HST LE 147gr +P, and about 20 rounds of GD124 +P and I have to say it run flawlessly.
15FT.

25FT.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
If you don't mind me asking how much was the229? You can send it in a private message to me if y o u don't want everyone to know what your spending habits are.....Thanks big daddy, I appreciate it....
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.