How does a supressed rifle sound?

Max

Full Access Member
Hello everyone

I read somewhere else, that supressors can be bought in some parts of the US, so I decided to ask about them here.

I want to know how a shot fired with a supressed rifle sounds.
I "googled around" a bit, but only found out that it doesn't sound like it sounds in movies.
Or does it only make the shot a bit less loudly?
Can anyone give a rough description, or even a sound-file?
Would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Max

STF

Full Access Member
Depends on the CAN and the cartridge and a few other things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INkk-jvb__k]PWS MK109 300 Blackout AR15 Rifle Gemtech Sandstorm Demo Day Live Fire Review - YouTube[/ame]

kwo51

Full Access Member
Sub sonic ammo is the key. Suppressor can be wet or dry really well made or disposable. You have to pay to play.

Max

Full Access Member
In the situation I am "constructing" for my novel-project a bolt action rifle (hunting rifle) got a supressor, and usual ammunition.
Is there any difference in the sound or does that only work with sub-sonic rounds?

Max

Bluez

Full Access Member
works best with subsonic rounds,.. but could work somewhat (ein bisschen leiser machen) with supersonic rounds

Butch

In a subsonic .22lr all you hear is the mechanics of the action working on a quality semi-auto where as on a larger caliber like a .308 with a quality can there will still be a sound of the whoosh of the projectile traveling but it will take the crack out of it. Look into setting up a trust to acquire your class 3 firearms and accessories instead of through yourself

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

kwo51

Full Access Member
Hold the bolt closed on 22 and you will here even less. DON"T try this on any other caliber gun !!!!!!! It will hurt.

Smith

In a subsonic .22lr all you hear is the mechanics of the action working on a quality semi-auto where as on a larger caliber like a .308 with a quality can there will still be a sound of the whoosh of the projectile traveling but it will take the crack out of it. Look into setting up a trust to acquire your class 3 firearms and accessories instead of through yourself

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much what he said but I don't think a trust or Class 3 will apply to the OP

Members online

No members online now.