i finally talked the wife into it

ninja man

Full Access Member
i just went to the local gun store with the wife and purchased two .22's. a ruger 10/22 and a cz 455. the cz is for my kid because my wife did not want her to have a semi auto.... but im sure my daughter will want to switch (no complaints from me on that though) so on the 12th i get to pick them up. christmas present for her this year. my daughter is quite the shot with my nephews lever action and iron sights

i consider this a huge achievement. my wife is from japan, there is a "no gun" policy there. she never saw a gun until a couple years ago when we were visiting my sister and bro in law. i think when i scared off a couple of thieves a few months back helped change her mind a bit, but its not really a home defense gun, i just cant get her to grasp that idea yet. but unfortunately no handgun for me yet either...... still working on that part

kwo51

Full Access Member
If she will read any good books get some books from library on self defense. There are some really well written ones on different types of scenarios.Then you can get here some Jeff Cooper books.

oppo

Full Access Member
It is a step in the right direction. Congrats on the 22's. The Ruger is a nice rifle and you will love the CZ. I certainly do. I have a 452 that is a tackdriver. It shoots bulk stuff well but feeding it subs or match ammo is well worth it and produces sub 1" groups at 100 yards.

ninja man

Full Access Member
what kind of scope would you guys recommend for them? and also where is a good place to buy ammo? i heard wallmart had .22 for sale really cheap, but im not sure about quality..

cce1302

Full Access Member
I generally recommend a 3-9x40 scope on a 22 rifle. It's what I have on one of my 10/22s. the other has open sights. I have a fixed 4x Burris on my 77/22 but I'd like to bump it up to a 6x since 4x is on the low end for what I use it for (small groups @ 100 yds).
My kids have a 22 that came with a 4x also, so that's what sits on it. 4x is sufficient if you're never shooting past 50 yards.

$200-300 invested in a decent scope gets you relatively clear glass and consistent adjustment. I'd stay away from the $50 scopes.

As far as ammo, the bulk stuff shoots fine in my 10/22s. I like federal champion, but remington and winchester work as well. the groups aren't as tight as some of the better stuff, but they work.
CCI Standard Velocity for the 77/22

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Ammo from Wal-Mart is fine. You'll have to play around and see what your 10/22 likes. they all shoot different and like different things.

Humvee21

Full Access Member
.22 is always on sale online. I've seen deals where you spend over a certain amount and you get free shipping. The .22 is already cheap enough!

ninja man

Full Access Member
thanks guys, i will check around. also i will give that wallmart ammo a try and see if it works good with either of them.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Now you just need to get the wife talked into one and get her hooked. Once you do that, it's all down hill from there buddy. You can pretty much talk her into a Bazooka after she's hooked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts