Just started reloading

Mockstar

Full Access Member
case trimmer, digital scale, and powder measure are about the only things I want to get yet. haven't needed them yet, but they sure will make things easier.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I had to dremel about a 1/4 inch of the 2X4 on the bottom of the bench to be able to bolt the press down. Another issue was the the lower part of the press. It does have a 90* angle, but the ram tube is not milled flat, and is actually wider than that. I couldn't get the press to mount flush with the front of the bench. I used 2 washers as shims in between the press and table to remove the little bit of "wiggle" that was present on the down stroke. Problem solved.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I had that problem but fixed it by mounting my press to a 2X6 that I mounted to my bench. I can remove the press and it's still attached to the 2x6.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Spent a while last night resizing all my brass. This weekend I'm gonna start my .223 ladder loads. 55gr FMJs on top of Hodgdon H335 in Winchester brass with CCI #41 primers. Gonna do 10 of each starting at 23.5 grains working up to 26 grains in .5 grain increments with an OAL of 2.220.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
More updates. RCBS UniFlow powder measure with baffle mounted on Partner Press, and a Hornady LED light strip on the RockChucker.

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Couple little tweaks.

The handles for the Uniflow and the press were way too close to eachother. I found a low tension spring in the junk drawer, and fastened it to the hopper body and the handle. There isn't enough resistance to bring the handle up from the down position, but it has just enough pull to hold it up and not let it drop back down and get in the way when I'm running the press handle.

I also found a handy spot for my case gauge. I put a screw thru the mounting bracket, and cut a piece of plastic air hose to fit over the bolt. Perfect fit for the guage, and now it's nice and close to where I'm working.

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Nice upgrade. You are going to really like the Dillon. I finally got around to ordering my second XL650 that will be here this week.

Members online

No members online now.