Lets see those decorations

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Was a lazy weekend for me. Rained all day Saturday and it was cold and blustery out today. I pretty much hibernated. But I did take a few moments to get the wreaths on the gates down front. My wife has been steadily decorating the inside of the house. I think she's got about a dozen trees in varying sizes throughout the place. She's got a "thing" for Christmas trees worse than most women do shoes. Anyhow, went down and took a picture of the entrance to the estate. It's not really an estate but it sounds good. But like the title says. Lets see your decorations.

OI000012.jpg

Last edited:

Max

Full Access Member
We don't have anything set up yet, and people in germany usually don't put up that much either.
But one guy down the street literally covered his house in lamps and christmas-ish stuff, and the person living across the street from him just attached a mirror to his facade.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got some Grinches on here. I usually have a difficult time getting into the spirit but this year it hasn't been that way. I'm actually listening to seasonal music and enjoying the decorations. We went to our towns "Jingle on Main" last week. They have luminaries with deceased loved one's names on them lining the streets. Unfortunately, we had two luminaries of the many that were there. My father-in-law and niece were represented.
Along with the memorial was the tree lighting and caroling.

The main Christmas parade is still coming up. I think we'll try to get to that too. They've got all kinds of floats and old cars, tractors, fire engines and of course Santa. It's no Macy's parade but for a little town it's pretty good.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Your a mean one Mr Grinch..... Actually it's all about my nieces and nephew to me. I tell my family not to get me anything but I usually get a gift card for ammo which is fine by me...lol here's my tree though have not gotten to outside stuff yet....
Concealed 27

Attachments

• 1208140934.jpg
    1208140934.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 7

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Nice tree. And that's the Christmas spirit with giving to the nieces and nephews. My family have been asking what I want but I really can't think of anything.

My wife tends to the inside decorating (I just wouldn't get it right) and I take care of hanging the wreaths outside. Of course she follows up with fluffing the bows and straightening the branches etc. Gotta be just right for those people running up and down the road at 45mph.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I'm just waiting for the venison delivery.I just try to keep Christ in the season but its getting harder to do when we are becoming a muslim nation.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thanks I love the entrance to your compound SRT that's really cool......
Concealed 27

Thanks, it's all an illusion. The entrance makes it look grander than it really is. And it certainly isn't a compound, estate or any other of those fancy names. It's just our little place back in the woods.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Well if ya got what ya need that's all that matters. Still looks real nice, I wish I could live in a place like that. I have 10 acres of property in North Carolina not to far from civilization in the mountains not I'm a build on eventually. It's halfway up the mountain so I wouldn't be far from the things I need.
Concealed 27

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
See, I've only got 3.5 acres here. It was closer to 6 but my parents moved up here from Ft. Myers so we subdivided the property and they got 2.5 acres. It's the most property they've ever owned. Up til now they've been subdivision people. Nothing wrong with that but once you get some elbow room you don't want to go back.

My dream is to have 100+ acres someday. Then I would have a compound where other family members could come and build.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
outside lights

Well y'all got me into it it's not that fancy but I like it, only took an hr total..

Attachments

• 1211141932.jpg
    1211141932.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1211141932a.jpg
    1211141932a.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 8

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Thanks Palmer, I need to get the actual gates up. Right now it's just the side columns. I've been working on the gates. They still need painting. I'd like to be able to say they're impenetrable but they're more decorative.

Concealed, lookin' good. I know it's more difficult to get "in the spirit" down in warm Florida. At least it was for me. I need a chill in the air to set the season.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yeah SRT it's hard to get into season wearing shorts and a tshirt but I'm gonna be visiting family in ATL for Christmas and I'm sure it will chilly there. But thanks I don't have a lot cause it's only up for 3 weeks, my Dam neighbor keepers his up till February.....pita
Concealed 27

Members online

No members online now.