Lone wolf Coversion 40/9MM Test

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Got my 40-9 conversion barrel for my G27.... I ran 4 rds of Federel Premium Tactical P+P first because Lone wolf says this will correct any issues that you may experiance with WWB, which I brought there to shoot. No failures, 100rds thru it with a G26 mag and a G19mag......Guy next to me was killing me...LOL

Lone Wolf 40/9 Conversion Test - YouTube

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
My daughter got her G23 a few days ago. She's been to shoot it twice and loves it. She now has a buyer for her Taurus PT140. She's selling it and wants to get a G26. I asked why a G26 and not G27. She said she's afaid the G27 being so small it will kick like hell in a .40. I'm trying to convince her to still get the G27 and do a Conversion barrel IF she feels the recoil overwhelming.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
recoil on 27 is not that bad... find a range where she can rent one and at least let her shoot it before buying a 26. You can always go down withg27 but Cant go up with w g26....jmho

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That's what I told her. To go G27 then she has the option of .357Sig, and can go Conversion to 9mm. I full intend to get a G27 so if she gets the G27 and don't like it, I'll take the G27 from her and buy her a G26. She'll end up seeing it my way.

My next Glock was going to be G27. But now with this ban talk, I'm hoping to get another mid or full frame first with full cap mags. I can get the G27 later on down the road after the ban IF it happens since they come with less than 10 rds. I was thinking a G21 .45, but I thiink I'm leaning toward a G22 Gen 4 now.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
So now you have a G26/27, right?

To make it clear you can not make a 26 into a 27 but it will go the other way.

Yep and Yep.

So a G26 is a G26 ONLY

A G27 can be a G26 with a conversion barrel and 9mm mag, or G33 .357Sig with just a standard .357Sig Barrel and using the same .40 mag.

And G33 can be a G27 with a standard G27 barrel and the .357Sig mag.

Same Rules apply for the G17 and G22 & G31

Same Rules apply for the G19 and G19 & G32.

That's why I'd never buy a 9mm. I'd always buy the .40 or even the .357Sig if that's what they had in stock. Then if I wanted to shoot 9mm, I'd just get the conversion barrel and a couple mags.
And right now, the 9mm are so hard to find and when you do, like on Gunbroker, you'll pay more for a G17, G19, or G26 than you will a G22, 23 or G27. So if you're going to spend $100 more for the 9mm anyway, maybe as well get the .40, and for $129 get the 9mm barrel. It's just the wiser thing to do right now the way things are. Hopefully that changes after this gun debate BS is over.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Not confusing at all. Buy a .40 cal or .357Sig Glock in Small, Medium or Large Frame, Then 2 additional barrels for the same Small Medium or Large Frame guns, then you can shoot all 3 calibers in your .40 or .357Sig. Most will just get a .40, them buy the 9mm conversion barrel and shoot 2 calibers. IF you get a 9mm, you have NO conversion options. You shoot 9mm and that's it.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Not confusing at all. Buy a .40 cal or .357Sig Glock in Small, Medium or Large Frame, Then 2 additional barrels for the same Small Medium or Large Frame guns, then you can shoot all 3 calibers in your .40 or .357Sig. Most will just get a .40, them buy the 9mm conversion barrel and shoot 2 calibers. IF you get a 9mm, you have NO conversion options. You shoot 9mm and that's it.

I bought my 19 for target practice only, got it for cheap with 3 mags NIB..I have no problem with it.....:emotions34:

kwo51

Full Access Member
If you wanted to make the 19 into a 23 you would need to bore out the front of the slide for a larger barrel.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
That would be my guess...I think he means failure to fire and that is a striker pin/spring issue.....Or misfire he is calling is jamming..Let us know please....

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I think he might be trying to get at, that it's bad ammo. That I've never heard, but anything is certainly possible.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I think he might be trying to get at, that it's bad ammo. That I've never heard, but anything is certainly possible.

It is not good ammo in my book. I prefer American Eagle in 40 and Remington UMC in 9mm..... There is other ammo I run thru the guns but will not shoot dirty ammo. IE that black box wolf crap........

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I don't worry to much about dirty as long as it's not corrosive. I've used some dirty cheap ammo before that was much more accurate some of the expensive stuff. But, I do clean my guns. That also makes a difference.

Members online

No members online now.