My Grandmothers Revolver

Daveil

My Grandma Awesome gun!!!

PICT0037_zps35a85774.jpg

PICT0036_zps2efd6456.jpg

PICT0033_zps400b5788.jpg

This is a New Model Super "Single-Six" .22 Caliber Revolver. Manufactured by Strum, Ruger & Company, INC., Southport, Conn. U.S.A. It was made in 1979.

Last edited:

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
Those were nice in my younger days ,,, Use to go plinking with a friend that had one.. they were pretty accurate ... Way to go Grandma !

Arckadian

Its a prett ynice looking Revolver.... me and Jeff are gonna go test it out on the range tomorrow I hope

Arckadian

The weapon fires NICELY.... I was expecting a little more kick back than what it gave, but that weapon is well balanced. It was a real pleasure being able to fire that weapon. It was a great oppertunity.

Arckadian

ohhh it was NICE.... It is solid iron sights (unmovable) so it is up to the weilder to give it true aim.... But on the whole I noticed if you just point it where you want the round to go, it hits what you aim at.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I noticed there are two cylinders. Is one .22 and the other .22 Mag? My father has a Colt Buntline with that configuration.

VIPR PWR HK

Full Access Member
ohhh it was NICE.... It is solid iron sights (unmovable) so it is up to the weilder to give it true aim.... But on the whole I noticed if you just point it where you want the round to go, it hits what you aim at.

That's how the one I shot years ago was ... Point am and hit your target ...:)

Arckadian

I noticed there are two cylinders. Is one .22 and the other .22 Mag? My father has a Colt Buntline with that configuration.

I believe that both cylinders are just plain ole .22 LR rounds. I was looking at the box for the extra cylinder and it did say anything special other than it was fitted for use with this particular revolver.

oppo

Full Access Member
Very nice. I am a fan of Ruger revolvers. I have a Super Redhawk in 454 and a GP 100 in 357 mag. I have thought many times of getting a Single Six and the only reason I haven't gotten one is that the grips don't fit my hand well.

Good question on the extra cylinder. Many of these came with cylinders for both 22 lr and 22 mag.

WWM

Very cool, granny's can have cool toys too. My grandmother had a Colt Diamondback in .22 that I still have.

Arckadian

I need to correct an erronious statment I made earlier in this forum.... the sloted cylinder is the 22 LR cylinder.... the solid cylinder is for 22 Magnums... me and Jeff looked at it this last weekend with my grandfather and we finally noticed which was which.

Members online

No members online now.