Need help for the GF

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
I need ideas on pink handguns. She'll be the one to say yea or nea, but I want her to like the gun (pink or purple, and I know, but whatever gets her liking them). She also doesn't like heavy handguns, so I'm thinking 380 or 9mm. I'll be getting a 22 for her to learn on, but for her future carry pistol, I want something with a bit more bite. Last stipulation, it needs to be from someone besides Charter Arms and the like. Not a fan of Taurus (bad luck in the past), so is there a better option above those guys? TIA

ViperJeff

Administrator
Whens the next gun show in your area. There seems to be plenty of examples at the Gun show here in Salt Lake. Would give here a good opportunity to pick it up, see how it feels

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
I haven't been to ours; my buddy said it was full of beef jerky vendors and price gougers, so I stayed away. May be worth another look, as that was 2 years ago.

ViperJeff

Administrator
I skip all that crap when I go. I head straight for the area's I have interest in. You really don't even have to be in the market to buy right away. I took my Bride to the Gun Show and she enjoyed the Window Shopping. Once you find where her interest really lies, then you shop for real. I use a little gun shop out here instead of a high end store

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
I skip all that crap when I go. I head straight for the area's I have interest in. You really don't even have to be in the market to buy right away. I took my Bride to the Gun Show and she enjoyed the Window Shopping. Once you find where her interest really lies, then you shop for real. I use a little gun shop out here instead of a high end store

I stayed away from little gun shops because of pricing, but needed some shells this past weekend, and found a 92FS for $470. Seems a couple ruined it for me but now I'll stop where ever. I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing the Beretta. I'll take her the next time a show is in town, thank you for the idea.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Sig p238 comes in several models for women I believe. Are you sure it's for your GF and not yourself?

J/K. Don't forget about the 21st either

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
Hey, I'll shoot any color gun you give me, as long as it isn't a POS. Sig P238 it is. Very happy with my P250 I bought from a member who should be in shortly.

WWM

PK380 or like someone posted before the P238. We've sold several of each to women with zero complaints unlike the other micro guns from Taurus, Ruger, and Keltec. My wife carry's a Colt Mustang, if you can find one it would be another good choice.

FiveOH

Let her hold a few different models and see what fits her the best. She looking for a semi auto or revolver? As far as being pink, you can always have the gun hydro dipped after you buy it to customize it to her likings. That is if you want to spend a little more to girlify it. Ive seen some pretty cool hydro dips though!

Arckadian

I know that when me and my father where looking for a handgun for my sister we had her go got the gun show and hold some. She found one she liked that way, and I have heard that the weapon has to have a feel to it that the wielded likes.

IronworksTactical

A great option is go buy her whatever gun she shoots well and fits her hands well than have a reputable gunsmith who works in cerakote add pink in the way she specifically wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullnettles

Full Access Member
A great option is go buy her whatever gun she shoots well and fits her hands well than have a reputable gunsmith who works in cerakote add pink in the way she specifically wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could work, but sadly she doesn't shoot any pistol well, yet. Best bet is the LCP, which she can get on paper. I bought it for her to learn on, and eventually give to her as a present for getting her CHL, but she's dead set on pink or purple, so this may be the best of both worlds... Anyone know if powder coating works well on these?

oppo

Full Access Member
As others have said, let her handle a lot of guns to see what she likes. Ideally, once you narrow it down to a few, find a range where you can rent them and actually let her shoot them. You can always get the gun finished in whatever color she likes. Imho, it would be worth it if it means she ends up with a quality gun that suits her well.

Wade_660

I bought my wife the pink lcp. Of course I'm not crazy about a pink pistol but the pink on the rugers looks far better than the 'baby pink' that a lot of companies put on them. I think they call it cranberry

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
As many have said, Get the one that feels best. You can add pink later

A quick google brought up this company.

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com

final_f00a3c1acfab3674ed9ba3cb951d044f.JPG

final_a3b92cce6588b28cfdf5d78bae0ac96b.JPG

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Those are definitely my personal guns, I find it makes me shoot better at the range when I know if I don't everyone will laugh. (would you laugh at a guy shooting only pink guns? would you still do it if he's the best shot there?)

JK. In all seriousness though my gf dad and I were talking about that, because his wife wants a pink gun. He said he would obviously shoot it but he better shoot good or all will laugh.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
OK, your that bad guy, do you notice the caliber or color first?

What? I'm that bad guy? I definitely look at the specs of the gun first, if it's in person the only way I'd notice the color first is if it's some bright, in-your-face, color.

Members online

No members online now.