New from WV

Nestunk

Hello all. So my reasons for joining are 1. I like to research weapons/history owning an assortment of them and 2. I've come across a "weapon" I've not seen before. It could be old or new (or likely a combination of both based on appearances). It's certainly not a knife nor a gun (though gun-shaped), but definitely looks to have been created as a weapon. It may just be a weird wood/metal project as its utility seems questionable, but the construct seems a little too refined for a simple art project. So I though I'd check to see if anyone has ever seen anything like it.

Could someone direct me to the proper forum to post a picture to see if anyone has an idea? I appreciate any help anyone can provide. If a picture/more description is appropriate here, just let me know. Otherwise, I'll see what people here suggest. Thank you.

Nestunk

Good to know we have some historical perspective. What is it, "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it"? That's why I like the evolution and knowledge about weapon development. This could be a tool for all I know, but it just has a weight and feel that is...odd. Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

Edit~
Just to add, if you have thoughts on the appropriate place to post this question/picture, just let me know. I don't want to go against any forum standards. I know some forums are loose and some are strict. I just like to stay within the norm...where possible :)

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Welcome. Go ahead and post up some pictures either here or start a new thread in the "Lounge" area. We love a good challenge.

Nestunk

Here it is. So the wood looks "newer". The spike on the front is heavy (about 2-3lbs. or so), cone-shaped, and fairly aged looking. It is solid metal. I apologize for the pic quality, but I'll get some better if needed. Found in a basement clean-out, and no real history on it at all. For all I know, it's a bomb-testing-thumper like Bugs Bunny used in his military cartoons, an interesting leather awl, or an actual weapon of sorts. Just very odd shape and good craftsmanship from the feel. Thanks all, and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 2014-12-25 19.46.08.jpg
    2014-12-25 19.46.08.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
My first thought is it's some kind of tool for punching a hole in something. Although it could certainly be used as a weapon. Are there any marking on it or is it home made?
Was it found along with anything else that might give a clue what it was used for? Garden tool for making a hole in the ground for planting seeds etc.?

Nestunk

I'll check on details, but your suggestions make sense. The weight in dirt would be helpful pushing, though the short gun-shape doesn't seem the most practical. However, the wood portion looks and feels newer, so it may have been the metal piece was put on it for some reason. It looks simple, but the feel and look is very off for a gardening tool if it was used. A little hard to describe, but let me get a little more on specific location and if any other clues may help. Thanks for the reply. Weapon, tool, mere curiosity?

oppo

Full Access Member
Welcome

That is certainly different. Maybe some sort of a leather punch or something? :confused:

Nestunk

Gentlemen, thanks for the leads with some additional Googling, I think we have a winner. It is a Straight Dibber as in the attached picture for sowing seeds. Now, if I had an intruder and/or zombie in the house, after 10-30 rounds from an AR-15 and no movement, this would make an excellent close range de-braining weapon. It's a fine "weapon" for improvising. Cheers to all, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year! Instructional diagram attached. Should work with living or undead. Results may vary. Enjoy! Yes, too much time on my hands today.

Attachments

• 774px-Dibble.jpg
    774px-Dibble.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3
  • Dibble_zombie_or_intruder.jpg
    Dibble_zombie_or_intruder.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2

Nestunk

It was that that led me to find it. Googling after with sowing and gardening led to the dibber. Thank you all very much. See you again soon elsewhere on the forum.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Welcome to weapons forum..... a lot of great people here with a lot of knowledge. Hope we can help you with any other questions our rifle section is good. I'm a glock handguns guy and have custom built AR15s. Need help just post and we will help ya...once again welcome from Tampa Florida.....
Concealed 27

Arckadian

Welcome to the Weapons Forum, I hope that you find everything you need to answer your questions and that you can help to broaden our own knowledge. . . that tool you have I thought it was something else entirely haha I was way off.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Weapons Forum, I hope that you find everything you need to answer your questions and that you can help to broaden our own knowledge. . . that tool you have I thought it was something else entirely haha I was way off.

Ahh, I see where you were going with your thought process. You thought it was something a physician might use. An orifice opener of sorts. :plugged:

Members online

No members online now.