Phoenix Arms hp22a

79k10

I was in SBR yesterday and found a little .22lr phoenix hp22a. it was only 129, Ive been looking for a little .22 pistol so I bought it. 11 days till pick up here in CA. anyone ever shoot or have one now? Id never heard of it, but for the price why not right? looks like it does ok in the utube vids ive been watching

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Steer clear of the pheonix. They are prone to failure in the recoil system, mag release, and striker assembly, and replacement parts are nearly impossible to find. We have a few here in ziplock bags as parts guns because of it.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Don't think that was what he wanted to hear..............
I'm sure not lol. On a good note we do have some spare parts for them if something goes wrong. 3 things that will help you along with it.

1) Don't remove the grip panels. There are several parts just held ito the frame by the panels. when they come out, they dont like to seat back in right. That's when you will start running into mag release issues.
2) Only disassemble when it's absolutely necessary. There's a inserted frame lock that also seats the recoil spring that wears very easily when disassembled excessively. The recoil spring also has a tendency to fly out and disappear.
3) Never dry fire it. Rimfires are bad to dry fire anyway, but the steel around the breach REALLY quickly distorts from firing pin strikes.

Members online

No members online now.