Ruger 10/22 Ammunition

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
What experienced have you had with ammunition feeding in your 10/22 magazines, Good and Bad?

I once bought a 550 round Box of Federal 36 Grain Copper-Plated Hollow Points.

Avoid these for sure. They do not feed very well at all and you'll have constant jambs.

I've had very good luck with CCI Min Mags but I"ve never found them in the 500-550 brick boxes and that's how I prefer to purchase .22LR Ammo.

Anyone else?

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
What experienced have you had with ammunition feeding in your 10/22 magazines, Good and Bad?

I once bought a 550 round Box of Federal 36 Grain Copper-Plated Hollow Points.

Avoid these for sure. They do not feed very well at all and you'll have constant jambs.

I've had very good luck with CCI Min Mags but I"ve never found them in the 500-550 brick boxes and that's how I prefer to purchase .22LR Ammo.

Anyone else?

My 10/22 loves the federal bulk stuff, the Remington bulk won't cycle worth a crap though.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Is it bulk hollow point that you're using? That might be the problem. They almost look like an A point. Not Quite but nonetheless, they are not round tips and I think that's why they don't feed well. I can get just about anything to shoot in the OE 10rd rotary mags. So I figured I'd shoot this stuff up in the 10rd mags instead of the Hot Lips 25rd mags. Exact same problem even in the OE 10rd Rotary mags. It just doesn't feed well. Thought maybe it was the rifle, so I tried 2 other 10/22's one of them being brand new and same problem. So I know for a fact it's the ammo and not defective action or mags.

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Yep the same stuff, 550 round bulk packs (bought from Walmart), guns can be funny...one example can like one ammo that an outwardly identical looking rifle won't cycle.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Federal champion bulk ammo works fine for my 10/22s, but I also shoot remington bulk.
Neither of those are very accurate (maybe 1" @ 50 yds). I also like the federal champion .22lr in my handguns.

CCI mini mag is more accurate in my 10/22s, and I really like standard velocity in my 77/22.

Stephen.

No problems with the bulk federals through mine either. I have shot everything from mini-mags to Blazer bulk ammo without a single hiccup.

oppo

Full Access Member
I can't remember what number it is but one of the champion loads is the old federal lightning and I have had very good luck with it for cheap ammo.

Dave

When I had my 10/22 I used CCI Mini-Mags with no issues. It was accurate and always cycled. Never had a problem with the little 10 round mags feeding either. It worked so good I never tried any other .22 ammo that I can recall. Never used the bulk ammo.

Just my experience.

Dave

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Mini Mags is all good. I was moreless reffering to bulk ammo. It may have changed now. This stuff I have is old. The tips are a funky shape and I'm sure that's what the problem is. Looking at some new Federal this weekend, it appears to be different than what I got. I'll use this stiff in my dads .22 Revolver or my junky Jennings .22LR Semi Auto Pistol.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I use mainly CCI MINI MAG.... Never bought any of the bulk boxes but I have hundreds of rounds of Remington 22 thunderbolt that I bought years ago that I am trying to go thru. they are dirty, and jam once in while.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts