Ruger 10/22 takedown

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I found one of these today for $349, I did not pick it up but I think I should have. Just wanted some opinions. They will only sell me 100 rds of ammo even buying the gun.... I'm worried like everyone I won't be able to shoot it due no ammo, throwing money away?????
Concealed 27

Mockstar

Full Access Member
I still see the Rugers 10/22s on the shelves around here, but it is the same situation with ammo. .22LR can still be found, but in small quantities. I don't see the bulk boxes anymore. If you've got the cash to spend on one, you might as well. It's one more gun in the collection, and sooner or later the ammo will come back. Just gotta wait for all the guys with their Mossburg Plinkster and S&W 15/22s to stop grabbing it all up.

That's my theory. Once the ARs were gone guys started going after the tactical 22's. That's when the ammo started to disappear too.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Agreed, I just like the ruger but with ammo I'm good on pistol and 223, I was lucky and most of my stuff was done before the nonsense happened. I saw 9mm ammo for 40 bucks for 50 rds.... I think I will look for ammo and if I find it and they still have it I'll pick one up.... he had a few like u said. You've seen them around.:manos:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
The 22 shortage pisses me off the most. The only reason I ever bought (few hundred at time) it was for the kids. Now it's not readily available, and the end result is less time spent with the boys shooting.

What's next .177 Pellets?

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Any particular reason your looking at the takedown version other than availability? I'd suggest the carbine for just a plinker since it's easily $125ish cheaper when you can find one. Plus there's ton of aftermarket out there for it. I'm not sure what's available for the takedown but I doubt there's as much

SWSS

Full Access Member
Funny you would say that, i finally get the little 15/22 and i will be flipped id the ammo just vaporizes! :eek:

SWSS from somewhere....

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Which carbine? Or just in general?

SWSS from somewhere....

Just in general. I prefer the stainless one but don't like the synthetic stock. Depending on what he wants/needs it for the wood stock with the blued receiver and barrel would be the cheapest. You can dump a ton of money into any of them before you know it :signs6:

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Just in general. I prefer the stainless one but don't like the synthetic stock. Depending on what he wants/needs it for the wood stock with the blued receiver and barrel would be the cheapest. You can dump a ton of money into any of them before you know it :signs6:

yeah yeah just wanted an excuse to get another gun is all that was..lol:rofl:

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
If its takedown or nothing get the takedown. It would make a great rifle for a bug out bag. I'm really just trying to figure out your goals so we can help guide you in the right direction. The more guns the merrier imo

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Picked up a Takedown today for $350 OTD with 100 rds.... Had to leave deposit till I can get to the bank for cash and gonna pickup tommorow. Im just gonna wait on ammo, theres a place I can shoot that will sell me 100 rds and Im just gonna take my pistol and shoot it till I get some ammo.....Cant wait, nice piece

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Congrats. Get a trigger job and you'll love it. Keep making runs to academy to get ammo also. They'll limit you to one box a day but if it's close it'll be worth it. Post up some pics when you can

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Do a search for swamp fox triggers. I had him do my trigger and it's so much better. Mine is around 3 lbs now which may be a little light for you depending on what you intend to use the rifle for. It cost me $100 but that's way cheaper than some of the other options. Mine isn't a all out target rifle though

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts