Ruger 10/22 Thread

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I just hit up the local Academy, and 2 local Walmart Super Centers. NONE of them had any .22LR ammo at all. Not even 50rd or 100rd.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hey guys, anybody know what the legalities are on shipping ammo?

From individual to individual that is

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Hey guys, anybody know what the legalities are on shipping ammo?

From individual to individual that is

Good Question. I hope I'm OK with what I just shipped someone. I mailed off about 150 rounds of empty 30.06 ammo brass. It rattles badly and does sound like ammo brass. I tried to pack it tight as I could but it still rattles. Hopefully if in doubt, they X ray it and see it's empty casings. Shipped it USPS Flat Rate Priority.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Good Question. I hope I'm OK with what I just shipped someone. I mailed off about 150 rounds of empty 30.06 ammo brass. It rattles badly and does sound like ammo brass. I tried to pack it tight as I could but it still rattles. Hopefully if in doubt, they X ray it and see it's empty casings. Shipped it USPS Flat Rate Priority.

Empty brass seems like it'll be fine.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Empty brass seems like it'll be fine.

I'd think so. I'm just afraid some dumbass with the USPS will open it up to investigate and the package not be 100% right when the guy gets it. I was going to stand in line at the PO to ask, but hell, the line was going to take 3-40 minutes so I just dropped it in the Pre Paid shipping slot.

ninja man

Full Access Member
so, i ended up finding 3 bucket o bullets (remington bucket of 1400) a bit expensive at $80+tax but i got them. i am going to see how well they work in the 10/22 tomorrow. the cz, i know will have no problems since it is a bolt action, im hoping for the best. i will post results tomorrow night

ninja man

Full Access Member
my daughter put 200+ rounds through the ruger (stupid 10rd max ca law) and only 1 missed ejection. im wondering if it was just because it was a new gun and thats why i had so many problems at first. but it seems everything is working fine.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
my daughter put 200+ rounds through the ruger (stupid 10rd max ca law) and only 1 missed ejection. im wondering if it was just because it was a new gun and thats why i had so many problems at first. but it seems everything is working fine.

Maybe it will get even better. I'd be disappointed if I had 1 FTE out of 200 rds with the OE 10rd mags. Maybe next time you'll get 300rds without issue and make it 1 of 500 with a Failure.
I've never had problems with my 10/22's unless it was aftermarket mags wearing out or getting dirty, and some bad ammo that had like cone shaped tips instead of round and it didn't feed well. Past that, 10/22's are about as reliable as any rifle available using the OE mags.

ninja man

Full Access Member
yeah, i will post pics of the targets of her first two outings at the range. she is pretty good with iron sights.

ninja man

Full Access Member
Maybe it will get even better. I'd be disappointed if I had 1 FTE out of 200 rds with the OE 10rd mags. Maybe next time you'll get 300rds without issue and make it 1 of 500 with a Failure.
I've never had problems with my 10/22's unless it was aftermarket mags wearing out or getting dirty, and some bad ammo that had like cone shaped tips instead of round and it didn't feed well. Past that, 10/22's are about as reliable as any rifle available using the OE mags.
i gave my friends buddy a car battery at my cost, a while back since he is one of his best friends. well he works at a gun store, and when i asked about mags for the ruger and cz, he came back with 4 ten rd oem mags for the 10/22 and a 10rd mag for the cz for $75. that was a hell of a deal he gave me. i wasnt expecting that, since i knew that guns,ammo and mags were being overpriced, i just wanted him to hold them for me, but i got this instead. it pays to be nice to people, thats for sure

but the oem mags work just fine with the bulk remington buckets so far

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
That's good to know. I'd like to get one of those buckets soon, maybe even 2. I am not afraid to use a 10/22 to protect myself and family if need be. Cheap to practice, Very reliable and very accurate. One or 2 to the forehead will take care of bidness. No sense in wasting expensive ammo on a thug.

ninja man

Full Access Member
my daughter and i go out to the range every monday afternoon. it appears the more the ruger gets shot, the better it fires. how old is your 10/22 hotrod?

ninja man

Full Access Member
so they have been shot a bunch of times. did you notice (or remember) the first time you shot any of them? did you have ejection problems at all?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
NO, I don't recall ever having any issues with my 10/22's except when I had bad ammo and one with a mag that was getting old, tired and dirty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts