Sig P938 opinions please

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Hey guys, been awhile since I've been around. Been busy with work, school, and racing this past semester. Anyways, my 21st is a month away and I'm looking at my options for carry. Right now the front runners are the Sig p938 and p238.

I just wanted to see what y'all think of them if any of y'all own the guns. I want the 938 more, but I'm a little concerned about recoil in that small of a package. If anybody has any experience with either one, I'd love to hear it.

My only experience is holding both at a gun show and they just felt so nice in the hand.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I haven't' shot either of them but handled them both. For me I would choose the 9mm as it's a better defensive round IMO. The ammo is also cheaper and there are much better defensive rounds.

I shoot the Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain +P in a Ruger LC9 with no problems. However I have been shooting for a long time. They also make a load that is not +P that I have also shot and the recoil is not bad at all IMO.

If you are recoil shy then go for the .380 as I believe it's best to hit what you aim for. If you acquire a flinch they are hard to overcome and can affect your shooting during practice and when you need it most, a defensive shooting.

Either way they are both guns from what I have heard and I sure would like to have one :D

Silver-Bolt

Full Access Member
Based on caliber alone I would choose the 9mm. If you are looking at subcompacts and like the .380 you may want to also look at the new Glock 42.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I haven't' shot either of them but handled them both. For me I would choose the 9mm as it's a better defensive round IMO. The ammo is also cheaper and there are much better defensive rounds.

I shoot the Hornady Critical Duty 135 grain +P in a Ruger LC9 with no problems. However I have been shooting for a long time. They also make a load that is not +P that I have also shot and the recoil is not bad at all IMO.

If you are recoil shy then go for the .380 as I believe it's best to hit what you aim for. If you acquire a flinch they are hard to overcome and can affect your shooting during practice and when you need it most, a defensive shooting.

Either way they are both guns from what I have heard and I sure would like to have one :D

Thanks for the opinion. I'm not really recoil shy, but I just don't want it to not be fun to shoot because of excessive recoil. I thinking about the Critical Duty as well. I have it for my bedside gun in 40 and it's awesome stuff. Was also looking at Gold Dot's as well.

Based on caliber alone I would choose the 9mm. If you are looking at subcompacts and like the .380 you may want to also look at the new Glock 42.

Thanks, hadn't seen that before. I'll check it out.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
I own a p238 and it's a great shooting little gun. My intentions when I bought it was to get used to concealed carry and upgrade later. Then start my wife out with it. My 13 yo nephew shot it with zero issues and he's not a big kid.

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Nice, been a good reliable gun for you?

I haven't had any issues but still have a low round count through it. It's a Sig though and I doubt it will have any issues. If you're not familiar with the ergonomics of a 1911 I wouldn't suggest it for a carry gun since you may fumble around with the safety in a high stress situation. Check out the Sig p250 for ease of use and a higher round count imo

Members online

No members online now.