Skeet Shooting

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Anybody here shoot skeet? I like to go on occasion, and am getting more in to it.

Post up your skeet rig and your score cards. I'll be continually updating this thread with my own.

kwo51

Full Access Member
Good practice for drones. Love it. Try real close range with bb gun and roofing disc. Point shooting was taught this way with rifle.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Went today and shot my best round so far. I'm shooter 2 & 4. My father is the other 2.

8y2erupy.jpg

cce1302

Full Access Member
I shot fairly regularly one spring (2-4 rounds/week) a few years ago. Really enjoyed it.

Just used my Mossberg 835.

Did not shoot enough to get good, but I hit between 20-22 birds several times.

I'd go to the base range @ camp lejeune, NC with my buddy during lunch. Once when he didn't have his Kolar, we switched off with my mossberg. He broke 25 with my shotgun :eek:wned:

kwo51

Full Access Member
Semper Fi, main side 1968. Hows the water. 2 FSR before going over the pond. Where is the skeet range on base? I shoot a browning pump and love it. Try doubles.

cce1302

Full Access Member
Yeah, they said the water was cleaned up before I got there.

The skeet range is not far inside the main gate. If I remember correctly, it's the first road you come to on the right side.

orvalosbert

Just prior to the hunting season you will see all sorts hunting guns that will never win a skeet tournament, but the shooters are having fun and that's what is important. Turning clay birds to dust is great fun.After shooting a couple of rounds of skeet some of these seasonal shooters become interested in becoming a regular or registered skeet shooter. One of the first questions they have is "can I shoot skeet with just one gauge or one gun". The answer is both yes and no. You can shoot a one gauge event and that is what most beginners do. The 12 gauge event is the most common event shot by these neophytes. Soon the new shooter becomes interested in shooting all the skeet events but cannot afford 3 more shotguns. An option is to buy a skeet shotgun with a 4 barrel set. This is not an inexpensive option.

Members online

No members online now.