subjustions on .22 long rifle ammo

Mr. AK

Getting a .22 LR bolt action frifle and would like subjustions on quality ammo for all price ranges and grain sizes

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
.22 rimfire rifles are notoriously inconsistent on which types of ammo they like. Two rifles of the same make and model may shoot the same ammo differently.
The good news is that since .22 ammo is inexpensive, you can afford to buy a few boxes of many types/brands/weights/etc. to find which one works best and is most accurate for your needs.

Get a bunch of boxes, some targets, and head to the range for some experimenting.

cce1302

Full Access Member
The nice thing about a bolt gun is consistent feeding and extraction even with a wide variety of manufacturers. No worries about short cycling or sticking in the chamber.
I can get moderate accuracy at 50 yards even with cheap ammo in my bolt .22s. 100 yds takes more effort, more careful selection, and higher-priced ammo.

TScottW99

Full Access Member
I agree with others, .22 are picky as heck. I have one that loves the ol' Winchester Wildcats the best and that is some cheap ammo. Another two love the CCI Mini-Mag HPs.

Buy a couple of brands and see what yours likes, half the fun :jester:

Members online

No members online now.