Thinking of getting a Springfield XD-S

oppo

Full Access Member
250057_10151072045802971_691382325_n.jpg
No lie here ^^^

Arckadian, congrats on the new ccw. The XD is one of the pistols I gave serious consideration to before getting my M&P.

Last edited:

Arckadian

It is a nice weapon and I really do enjoy going to the range with it. just a few more days and I will be back at the range :D

Old Tex

Howdy,
I have an XDS and a 9 mm Shield. Both are nice carry pieces. I prefer the XDS for accuracy and impact. I have a LaserMax on my shield and it is also very well thought out Easy installation and easily accurized. Have a goodun!!!!

kwo51

Full Access Member
How quickly are you getting taps? I'm still stuck between the solo and the xds. I like 45 acp but am not against other calibers.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
Thanks Tex... yeah I really like the XDS it is very accurate and I am getting use to firing it :D

Hey Arckadian, I pick one up today and I've already put a pearce grips and talon grip for it, I just didn't have time to shoot it but soon.

sixtyin5

Full Access Member
Hey Arckadian, I pick one up today and I've already put a pearce grips and talon grip for it, I just didn't have time to shoot it but soon.

If I put the Pearce extension on mine, it will essentially be the same size as my Kimber. Right now it is the grip size that makes it a little easier to conceal than the Kimber. Maybe I will change my mind after shooting it. ?

Arckadian

I like shooting it just as it is personally.... if the grips do add that much I may just forgo that and leave the weapon as it is.

Bigdaddy

Full Access Member
If I put the Pearce extension on mine, it will essentially be the same size as my Kimber. Right now it is the grip size that makes it a little easier to conceal than the Kimber. Maybe I will change my mind after shooting it. ?

Yeah I was thinking about that at first but it's not that bad really for me anyway I can conceal it perfectly. Thinking about getting the 7 rds mag just for backup carry.

fyredawg

Why is he selling it?

I shot the xdS today very impressive no lie.

I also shot the shield in .40. The muzzle flip was greatly exaggerateed over the xdS. I blame this on myself. Reason being today was the first time I have shot anything since breaking my wrist and hand in July. I had shot 100 rounds prior to the shield and could tell I had already become fatigued and was anticipating the shot. I will revisit them both side by side again due to this fact.

I felt the shield trigger action and the grip to be better despite the muzzle flip. But again the xdS is def great out of the box.

I'd buy your buddies especially if the price is right.

fyredawg

For what you get for the price...xdS beats it. Entry Kimber Ultra carry II iron sights no frills $799 at my local gun store. For a lil more I could get both the xdS and shield...Lc9...bodyguard etc. To many good great guns available to tie up all funds in a entry level Kimber. Kimber was a choice for me but the hard facts swayed me.

Members online

No members online now.