What model of AR-15 do you have/want?

armoredman

Full Access Member
I am the lone throwback of every forum - after qualifying with the M-16A1 in 1984, I have had no desire to own any AR style rifle. I understand they are quite a bit different now, but until I get the chance to shoot a new model, I still have that hate of the SPROIIINNNNGGG in my ear. :)

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
I have a couple in 223- A RRA 20" Varminter,and a one I assembled,a 16" HBAR.
The Keltech PLR-16,while not an AR,it does share the AR magazines and is fun as hell to shoot.

AR153.jpg

Also the Hog Smasher,a RRA 458 SOCOM

001-23.jpg

And my new DPMS LR-260H AR-10

007-1.jpg

SWSS

Full Access Member
^^^how you like the 458? i was laughed at when i said i wanted a 458 upper for hawg hunting. or whatever else i wanted too!

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
^^^how you like the 458? i was laughed at when i said i wanted a 458 upper for hawg hunting. or whatever else i wanted too!

I love it! There's nothing like shooting this big thumper,I'm still amazed at how accurate it can be with the right loads.
Recoil is nothing until you start shooting 400gr and bigger bullets,then it'll let you know it means business.
If you don't handload for the 458,you better be really rich. I've never shot a factory round out of mine,but the factory ammo is hard to find,and very expensive if you do find some.
Even handloading isn't cheap,but it's nowhere near what the factory ammo cost,plus the cost goes down everytime I reload a case. Starline brass is the only mfg of 458SC brass,and the last that I bought was $204 for 250pc of brass.
I've been shooting mine for over 1 1/2 years,and always take it with me when we are hunting.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
I have a Flat top DPMS with a reflex sight, Magpul back up rear and front sights
a tlr3 light which shares with my glocks. As soon as I can put pictures up I will..... Something crazy going on , Driving me F*&&%& nuts. G19

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Just starting to build mine. Got a Spikes stripped lower while back and just picked up a PSA MOE lower kit ordered today. Also ordered 10 30rd PMags after I found them in stock somewhere.

Arckadian

Ahh the time has finally come..... I am getting a Rock River Arms AR-15 .223 rifle. I will have it this weekend at the latest :D So excited!!

oppo

Full Access Member
Congrats!

I should have mine done around the first of June. That is when I should have the barrel in hand.

oppo

Full Access Member
BE960358-orig.jpg

Just a crappy cell phone pic but here she is waiting for the barrel and gas block. Hopefully, I can find some primers before long. I can't wait to shoot this thing.

Ace stock
Ergo grip
M16 bolt carrier
Geissele SSA-E trigger
BCM gunfighter charging handle
Larue mount
YHM Todd Jarrett handguard
waiting on 20" Shilen select match barrel in 6x45

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Nice. I need to get some recent pics of my uncompleted AR's. I also made some changes to one of my 7.62x39 AR's

oppo

Full Access Member
Now, I just need to get some 30mm rings to match the scope I bought for it. I originally planned on mounting a scope with a 1" tube so that is what I ordered. I also got tied up with moving and projects for the new house and never actually got around to ordering the Geissele so I still need to do that too but it is nice to see her as a rifle and not just a pile of parts.

HANKTHETANK

Gonna start my AR build soon, still haven't decided but leaning towards a Rainier Arms upper and lower with a few goodies mixed in. I also like Vltor but that may be a bit too pricey for what I'd need/use it for. Will post pics soon....

Last edited:

oppo

Full Access Member
19AE949F-orig.jpg

Still playing with loads to see what she likes but she definitely wants to shoot bugholes and the SSA-E is worth every penny. The "stock" trigger was not at all conducive to good groups.

oppo

Full Access Member
Well, I just HAD to do something with the trigger and grip left over and the free parts kit that came with the Geissele so I built another rifle.

20141223_152546.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts