Woodsmaster 742

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
So I have a woodsmaster 742 that jams on the first shot, every single time. I've done all I can and she is just beyond my knowledge and skill level (at this point) to fix. Anyone know someone that fixes them or any kits, etc?

kwo51

Full Access Member
Call Remington and ask them.Mine went back on recall 10 years ago. They replaced it with a 7400.Time runs together may have been 15 years.

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Well, Remington just gave me a list of gunsmiths that could help. I might try calling again to see if a different person can give different results. Hate to pay hundreds for a rifle worth less than I'll be putting into it and the possibility of still not working properly.

kwo51

Full Access Member
I know people who still shoot their 742's and like, them but if they blow up in their face they have no recourse. I also no of some that have come undone . I only fire factory rounds in my 740.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
(extractor hang up). Where as the bolt is riding to far back in recoil and ejection of the fired round and creating grooves in the housing from the locking lugs and to the point as to sticking in that spot.

Members online

No members online now.