A little bullet trajectory talk...

STF

Full Access Member
So we made some shooting barricades for a little fun shooting at a friends land this weekend.

When I turn my rifle to the side with the sight now on my right why do I have to aim high left to hit it? I'm pretty sure I have it figured out I just can't find any info online that explains it.

One of the guys brake blew a hole in the barricade.
BPBARRICADE2.png

It was fun. I didn't realize how unfamiliar I was with my weapon.

oppo

Full Access Member
Yep, aim high and left.

With the rifle turned 90 degrees to the right, your elevation adjustment to create the zero you want, now becomes windage and causes the bullet to angle off to the right. Also, your windage now becomes your vertical adjustment so the bullet will leave paralell to the bore. It will start off even with the line of sight and begin dropping immediately.

Even tilting the rifle a little will throw your shot low and wide to that side. The more you lean ir, the further off it will be.

STF

Full Access Member
Thanks, it took quit a bit of discussion over some cold ones to figure that out.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
Yep, aim high and left.

With the rifle turned 90 degrees to the right, your elevation adjustment to create the zero you want, now becomes windage and causes the bullet to angle off to the right. Also, your windage now becomes your vertical adjustment so the bullet will leave paralell to the bore. It will start off even with the line of sight and begin dropping immediately.

Even tilting the rifle a little will throw your shot low and wide to that side. The more you lean ir, the further off it will be.

good explaination.......

STF

Full Access Member
A little video. Most of us suck but one guy with the M1A is pretty damn good. his is the first time all but one of us has done anything like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nevA4qZpVlw]THE GAMBLERS - YouTube[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.