Advice for my first tomahawk

WA787

Hi everyone,

I am turning 18 in two weeks, and I want to buy my first weapon. I want to buy a tomahawk. I've always loved the tomahawk. It's a perfect size, great for close combat and a great throwing weapon.

I was hoping if some of you could give me some advice. What brands are good, what material should I look for, for the blade and the handle, etc. I would hope to gain some general knowledge about what to look for in a tomahawk, and then hopefully buy a tomahawk or two.

Kind regards,
WA787

Arckadian

Quality of the metal and if you are going to look for a composite or wooden handle. As far as good company names, that I cannot help you on, but I am sure that there are several good locations you can price one out at. I would probably look at balance as well if you plan on practicing your throw. A poorly balanced weapon will never go where you want it to.

WA787

A more modern design. I like the SOG looking design, but I heard those aren't really that good for long use, as the steel seems to get easily dented. I'm looking for something that lasts long, and with a modern design and combat applications. So something with a black design is what I mostly like, so perhaps a carbon fiber for the handle.

oppo

Full Access Member
About the only thing useful that I can add is that while throwing tomahawks would certainly be fun, in self defense, it would serve to dissarm you and potentially arm your attacker. It would be much more useful in your hand.

Members online

No members online now.