Anybody Do Any Reloading?

Txhillbilly

Full Access Member
Anybody find any reloading supplies back in stock somewhere? I'm itching to try out my press!

Depending on what your looking for,there are a few that have bullets and powder.
Midway still has some bullets-I just ordered some more 6.5mm Bergers.
Powder Valley has a few types of powder in stock-I just ordered 26 lbs of powder today,but they are out of most types that I use a lot.

Primers are the hard thing to find right now.My local gun range has them,but they have raised the price up from $32/per 1k,to $48/per 1k,and I refuse to pay that for primers. I'll just wait until they come back in stock at PV,and pay the hazmat fee for them. I refuse to get screwed by the people that I've done business with for years,I'll just give someone else my money.

I keep a good amount of supplies stocked up,and could probably shoot for a couple years with what I have now.When things get stocked back up,I plan on stocking up enough for at least 10 years worth of reloading supplies.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Slim pickens out there now. Some of my stuff is slowly coming in but I'm just getting partial deliveries on my orders. Got some powder and bullets the other day but still no primers. This rush caught distributors and manufacturers completely off guard.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I need to start looking again

Still very slim. I've gotten a few items but one of my distributors doesn't have anything I've asked for. I just contacted them about a previous order and the response was "Everything is still on backorder".

ViperJeff

Administrator
Still very slim. I've gotten a few items but one of my distributors doesn't have anything I've asked for. I just contacted them about a previous order and the response was "Everything is still on backorder".

Thats what I'm seeing too, the shelves are pretty bare, but still going to keep an eye out

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
Got a call today from a lady whose husband recently passed away. She said he did a bit of gunsmithing, and a bunch of reloading. She wants to get rid of it all. I'm going over there on Saturday to see what's there, and hopefully take this stuff of her hands.

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything in particular.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Got a call today from a lady whose husband recently passed away. She said he did a bit of gunsmithing, and a bunch of reloading. She wants to get rid of it all. I'm going over there on Saturday to see what's there, and hopefully take this stuff of her hands.

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for anything in particular.

Just about anything if the price is right. Presses, powder, supplies. Take some pictures. I might be interested in a deal. Why can't I ever run into stuff like this?

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Getting the shop set up. I've ordered some brass. Now just need to get some bullets, powder and primers.
2012-12-01_14-31-43_671.jpg

Starting my reloading bench build tomorrow. Would that laminate counter top be sturdy enough to mount the single stage press on it? I was thinking of going that route instead of a plywood top.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Gonna build a 6'L by 2'W by 38"H bench along this wall under the window.

DSCN3767.jpg

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Starting my reloading bench build tomorrow. Would that laminate counter top be sturdy enough to mount the single stage press on it? I was thinking of going that route instead of a plywood top.

Probably not. I think the pressboard would eventually give way after a certain number of presses. Sort of like metal fatigue the wood would give way where the bolts go through it (IMO) unless you reinforce it somehow. I do have a new press over there but it's mounted to a piece I installed on the face of the 2x6. It has some flex but is pretty sturdy.

That picture is back when my reloading area was clean. It's a mess now. I'll have to straighten things up and take another picture.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Got wood.........:Big Laugh: I decided against the counter top idea, and am just gonna rip the 3/4" red oak plywood down the middle and double it up for the top
2 8' 4X4s and 5 8' 2x4s should be enough for mine I think.

DSCN3768.jpg

I'll be back later tonight with a finished product

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Just have to bolt it to the wall tomorrow. I may add some molding around the edges later too, but here's what it is so far. Because of the molding on the floor of my wall, I had to let the back 2x4s extend out 1/4". That way when I lag bolt it to the wall, it will be flush. Finished dimensions are 37x60x24. Total cost $89.22

Last edited:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
Here's the mess I have now.

2013-10-06%2013.10.51.jpg

I also just got one of these to mount in the wall to keep things comfy.
It's one of those hotel heat/ac units.

2013-10-06%2013.11.01.jpg

Last edited:

Mockstar

Full Access Member
No press yet. but it will most likely be a RCBS single stage to start with. I got sick of just tossing my brass. Now I want to start reloading, but I only have a handful of spent cases laying around. probly 300rds of .44 mag. A few 30-06. couple hundred 9mm. I tossed all my 40S&W cases a few weeks ago tho...bummer.

I Just picked up some .223 dies and Lyman 49th on yesterday. Also bought 100rds of 55gr. Hornady V-Max. I'm gonna start with reloading for the AR first. But then I'll also be reloading .44 Mag too. Not concerned about 9mm or 30-06 as lately I haven't been using thoes rounds much.

RCBS has dies for Small Base 223/556 and Full Length. I bought the Full Length, but may go back to get the Small Base just to see what the difference is.

Still need Powder, trickler, funnel, primer tool, case trimmer, case gauge, deburring tool, tumbler, and of course the press. It's a lot yet, but hopefully I'll be reloading by the end of the month.

DSCN3779 (2).jpg

The room is coming around......... ignore the toybox under the bench......haven't found a spot for it yet.
DSCN3781.jpg

Last edited:

ygbsm35

I shoot a lot of 45 and 308. and yes it does cut down on the cost. I have 2 Dillon 650 and a 550. A bit of over kill but I'm single.

Mockstar

Full Access Member
Picked up an RCBS 20-50cal funnel and deburring tool tonight. Also bought some SR primers too. Two hundred CCI 450s and two hundred CCI 41s. I couldn't find any REM 7 1/2 primers as tested in the Lyman handbook.

I'm just getting a little at a time, as it keeps me under the little womans radar.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts