Anyone tried a Mossberg Flex?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Looking into this rig or the blued version

http://www.basspro.com/Mossberg-FLE...table-Stock-and-20-Barrel/product/1211091132/

Seeing if anyone has ran that setup, from the look its just a short barrel 500. Im trying to pick up a cheaper one to take out and do target stuff with and leave mt Brownings (old Bel A-5 3" in near new condition and newer Gold Stalker 3") at home for deer season. Wife has a Moss at the moment with a long barrel and have used it some and seems ok for the price. Hard to go from those smooth Browning autos to a pump.

DrkSide

Full Access Member
Looks like a good one, love the color combo and seems like a good price point for stock that is included. Personally I would go for a 870 but that is subjective.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

I was also looking at the 870's. I have ran a 870 with a 6 pos stock on it before and was pretty good just didnt see one that caught my fancy as much when looking through the site. There are 2 big gun shops in town and a smaller one so I will slip by them to see if they have that or something simular. The gun show is in town this weekend but its gonna be a freaking zoo to say the least.

STF

Full Access Member
I was messing with that Mossy last night at Academy. It's really pretty cool that you can take all the furniture off without a tool and change the barrel quickly too.

I would probably buy one if I was a guy that only wanted one shotgun but wanted to be able to use it for hunting and also self/home defense.

I am way past that point and own three 870s LOL

KGBIGCOUNTRY

This is gonna sound odd but I want it for just all around use. The Brownings are gonna stay for hunting. Im digging it also comes with a 20" barrel seeing as I have longer barrel on both of the hunting ones.

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
This is gonna sound odd but I want it for just all around use. The Brownings are gonna stay for hunting. Im digging it also comes with a 20" barrel seeing as I have longer barrel on both of the hunting ones.

I think your the person they designed that for. Somebody who wants a shotgun for many purposes. And now with that gun you can do that and it doesn't have to be a general shotgun, you can have separate attachments for each thing.

STF

Full Access Member
plus it's pretty cheap so if you beat it up a little it's no big deal. perfect truck gun IMO.

BrothersInArms

Supporting Vendor
I'd take the Mossy over the 870 personally. We've had a couple 870's in the shop over the past few weeks, and it seems like their quality control has gone downhill. Hell, we had to refinish a brand new(never fired) 870 because it rusted sitting in our shop:facepalm:

STF

Full Access Member
Academy in Waco has a couple of the Mossys

I hate where they put the safety and the bolt release.

Last edited:

NickPic83

Nice, I'll have to see if any local shops have these to check out. Ill be in Market soon

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kwo51

Full Access Member
Any shotgun I own has to have a trigger block safety. Had an ithica fall over and discharged into me. Old gun but still don't trust any of them. This looks like a good gun.You get what you pay for. Pistol grip shot guns are ok with low recoil stuff, OO buck and slugs hurt to much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts