Everyone will Finally be equal

Daveil

A short film adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron, 2081 depicts a dystopian future in which, thanks to the 212th Amendment to the Constitution and the vigilance of the United States Handicapper General, everyone is "finally equal...." The strong wear weights, the beautiful wear masks and the intelligent wear earpieces that fire off loud noises to keep them from taking unfair advantage of their brains. It is a poetic tale of triumph and tragedy about a broken family, a brutal government, and an act of defiance that changes everything.

2081 features an original score composed by Lee Brooks and performed by the world-renowned Kronos Quartet (Requiem for a Dream), narration by Academy Award Nominee Patricia Clarkson (Far From Heaven, Goodnight and Good Luck), and stars James Cosmo (Braveheart, Trainspotting), Julie Hagerty (Airplane!, What About Bob?) and Armie Hammer (The Social Network).

This short film was released in 2009. I have watched over a thousand times by now. I have to say that the plot seems much like the way that the USA is going right now. I have to say that with a budget of $100,000 for a 24 minute film they did an amazing job.

Daveil

It just may be true.... but a thousand times.......

It's only 24 mins not including the credits which would make it 26 minutes. The average person sends 60 hours watching TV a week. Take that divided by the time of the DVD release days and roughly I could have watched it about 40 to 50 thousand times. So I factored in the other shows that I watch and broke it down to 1000 times since the DVD's release. Give or take 900 times.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I watched it and found it interesting. That is the basic premises of todays administration. Make everyone equal by limiting or taking away others abilities. I also noticed how they have control over what the networks could show. Very parallel to what is currently taking place.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
All I watch is the Military Channel, the Seahawks and play COD on the old Xbox..I'm I missing something else????

ninja man

Full Access Member
fuck being equal...... if i suck at something thats my fault i dont expect help. if i am better at something than you, then pay me for my service. take away what makes us different and we might as well become obsolete. let robots do all our work....

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Read the book, it's a good read. If you wanna get in to it a break it down, it's scary how realistic this fictional story is. It's the road we're heading down. Can't help the weak so let's limit the strong.

Members online

No members online now.