Funny Pics

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
One of the best or worst tattoo's I have seen..still though you can't take your eyes off of it.

1351aac7e8dbb604e888c208cfa871ad.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Probably more like 2 caulking guns full of silicone !!!

One of those Hi Capacity Double Barrel caulking guns.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Ready%20aim%20and%20bend%20over_zpssznn6xud.jpg

Simply waiting for them to pick up their shells.

Now what kind of logic is that to wait for them to pick up their shells? :think: I think I'll be the one behind them picking up their shells. :naughty: They can just continue practice their shooting technique. :manos:

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
europe_vs_usa.jpg

How so true anymore..sad state of fast food and no exercise.

It isn't funny, it's sad. If the SHTF a lot of people aren't going to be able to take care of themselves they're so out of shape. The early American settlers/farmers were thin and in shape because they had to be in order to work from sun up to sun down.

I'd like to think if I had to I could do that but won't know until if/when it happens. Survival is a pretty strong motivator.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
And another thing. Everybody wants to blame McDonalds or other fast food establishments but mostly McDonalds. I eat there often and haven't put on any extra pounds. You just need to eat smart. It's about personal responsibility people. McDonalds just provides the food. They don't force feed you or tell you what you have to eat.

Since I'm gluten free I pick a couple burgers (no bun). They put them in a small bowl for me. Lately I've been doing their grilled chicken. Skip the fries and then I'll do a small dessert. I'll do one of their salads every once in awhile too.

Life is about choices. You just need to make the right ones and stop blaming everyone else when you don't.

This has been a PSA. Not directed at anyone. Just a general opinion. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program. :chewie:

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
It is all about choices what you eat but too many people don't bother to cook or have no idea how to..so pizza, burgers, fries and soda are the norm today. When I was a kid there weren't fast food joints on every corner either (like today). We go once in awhile like to a A&W and it was more like a treat and seeing over weight people back then was the exception but today it's more the norm...especially young women and kids.

Not trying to blame it all on fast food but there is a correlation between it, the lack of physical exercise and video games. Do the schools even have PE anymore?..off my soap box now.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
I agree with the above posts, and in no way am excusing people not taking responsibility for their health.

But the truth is that much of the obesity problem is because of industrialized food in this country. When it is cheaper to buy a box of artificial food type product than it is to buy a bag of apples, there is something deeply wrong.
Even things that are healthy aren't the same as they used to be.
Fruits and vegetables are radiated, dyed, and sprayed to make them bug free, clean, and shiny. But the same processes destroy nutrients and add chemicals.
Meats are so full of antibiotics that they destroy our gut bacteria making it more difficult for our systems to extract nutrients and regulate waste.
Chickens are so full of antibiotics that the eggs they give are almost to depleted of Omega proteins that used to make them good fro you.
The plastic containers contain chemicals that mimic hormones in our body.

It's all too F-d up to get into everything. Walking into a grocery store in the US it's mostly fake chemically produced foodstuffs. In most of the rest of the world, they still have things that look and taste like FOOD.

The sad state of affairs is that it is expensive now to eat proper food.
I have access to Amish meats and eggs, and visit farmer's markets and my local food coop to try to eat real food as much as possible, but it's not easy even for a single guy that makes decent money. I can't imagine a single mother trying to feed a kid or two and keep them eating right

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I agree with you Jo6. Even the stuff that's marketed as wholesome, nutritious and good for you may not really be. And getting organic anything carries a higher price tag. I guess the thing to do is go old school and put in your own garden. But that takes work and dedication.

Sgt. Rock

Full Access Member
Some good comments in here on obesity..especially in America. Check out these stats...not quite current but I think you get the point.

•Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.1% (2011-2012)
•Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight, including obesity: 69.0% (2011-2012)

Children and adolescents
•Percent of adolescents age 12-19 years who are obese: 18.4% (2009-2010)
•Percent of children age 6-11 years who are obese: 18.0% (2009-2010)
•Percent of children age 2-5 years who are obese: 12.1% (2009-2010)

Read somewhere that nearly 3/4th of young male adults if drafted into the service would fail a basic physical due to over weight issues...sure John Candy was funny in Stripes but no laughing matter today.

Members online

No members online now.