Greetings from the NW burbs of Chicago

fyredawg

Thanks...I wrapped my hand around a p12 its a bit wide for cc. But seemed ok.

Shot the xdS very impressed...an XD sub 9mm again very nice but still a bit big for summer cc. Then a m&p shield in .40 serious muzzle flip hard to get back to center mass. But I shot this after 100rds with the others. Not to mention this is the first time shooting anything since I broke my hand and wrist in July and cast off in Oct. So I wasn't shooting anywhere close to my usual. :thumbdown:

kwo51

Full Access Member
A friend broke his wrist and can't make a glock function. Limp wrist every time. I hope time will correct this.Its been about a year.

fyredawg

Tell me about it wrist is worse than ankle imo. It's kinda ok outta the gate then falls short...I have been abusing it lately at work and home.:banghead:

JuggNuttz

welcome! and where in the NW burbs are ya? im about as far NW as you can get and still be in the city.

ive never heard a bad thing about the XD, its one of those on my lists too. the other for a carry would be a Beratta PX4 storm compact. i have a full size PX4, and love it to death! so the compact might be a good CC option. provided that illinois can get their shit together that is hehe

fyredawg

Ya I'm not that close to the city and sometimes don't see how we get classified as a burb...lol NW In. is more of a burb to me. I'd get a storm if Jessica Beil comes attached to it :D

fyredawg

Stopped in at Rguns today...let me tell you Roger is awesome! Answered all my questions about a build without treating me like a bottom feeder even with all the recent sales activity.

While I was there he just happened to have one black xdS left. It was a lil more than other local shops that didn't have it in stock. So instead of waiting for one that could have been months due to recent demand I bought it and will pick up on Wed. :cool:

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying the used but not fired 9mm shield I saw the other day. It was $20 or so cheaper but no case paperwork or extended mag....man I'm dumb. Anybody know where I can find one ? lol:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I sure hope SA annouces a release date for xdS in 9mm at shot show. The wife loved the feel of it just wants it in 9mm.

fyredawg

Ok I do appreciate a good glock rock video but I fail to see the informative aspect of it. I love my g22 and the g27 was a contender. Since having some up close and personal time with others I found them to be a better fit for summer cc. I will we be looking for a winter carry and again g27 will be on the list.

Concealed 27

Full Access Member
the 27 is nice cause you can covert it to 9mm with a barrel & may change. Gives you 2 caliber guns that will save money at the range. That's what I getting at. I can't post pics so I have do what I can with no comments.... I'm getting a G23 in a week, decided to get from a buddy who I ma take it off his hands for a good price. He's former Leo and a good friend. He's wanting to go with a single stack 9mm.....
Anyways I'm just yapping at this now but my point was I think the g27 is a great carry piece..take care brotha---

fyredawg

I get it now thanks. Ya I'm to fat to be toting a double stack around in the summer.I got problems with love handles printing let alone a handgun. :eek:

fyredawg

Picked up the lil guy this morning on the way home :cool:
IMAG1011.jpg

Domin8

Hello. I'm new. I just posted my intro thread and thought I'd check the others to see what's up. I currently live in Highland Park and work in Lake Zurich. I'm a Utah resident and have a Utah cfp and Virginia nonresident cwp. I'm already preparing for the Illinois ccp and can't wait for the ISP to get their stuff together so that I can start taking classes. Anytime you want to go to the range please hit me up. I like going to McMiller Sport Center in Eagle, WI. It's a bit of a drive, but worth it once you get there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts