Hey everyone

ninja man

Full Access Member
haha, i see we have members like the ones at frf. great group of people here and over there. im liking it a lot here

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Got my approval by VR today and if they get the paperwork sent off today or tomorrow I can have the surgery next week!!!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Hey guys just an update

I had Pre-Op last Friday and my urine, blood, X-Ray, 12 lead EKG tests all came back good!

Surgery is next Thursday at 8Am. Two or three days of hospitalization, Then One month of no lifting over 2lbs, no bending, no standing without the brace, and no driving. Then after a month I can start small stretching and go to 10lbs of lifting.

Eventually I will get to my maximum of 40lbs for life but I am on track to being healed and somewhat normal.

Financially I am ruined (I do have insurance but the FD I worked for has done nothing to help me) and physically I am ruined, but I am still here and thankful that every day I can wake up and see my wife and son. Now just to get this surgery and keep on fighting.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Hey guys sorry I was too busy with PT and working on getting better post op that I forgot to post on here.

Here is my photo that I took post op. I was really puffed up and swollen.
gagejuda.jpg

Is it against the rules for me to post the incision line or is that ok? I don't consider it gore.

But anyways as soon as the Cather was taken out friday morning at 0700 I got up and started walking. I walked 15-30 minutes every hour and once I climbed three flights of stairs today they released me at 1230

I'm in allot of pain but I'm not gonna quit.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Glad to see you came out Ok with your surgery. Make sure to take your PT seriously, too many of my patient's don't and wonder why they plateau early and don't get better.

Biggest advice I can give you is ASK QUESTIONS! You should be as knowledgeable as you PT with all the "stuff" related to your condition.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Well guys tomorrow is the big day!

My wife is going back to work, I'm gonna be on my own on this one for the first time. One of two things can happen, either I can get out of bed and get to my pain meds so I can walk or if I can't then I lay in bed all day and watch Netflix.

I will army crawl before I become a lame duck laying in bed. There is still allot of fight in this dog! Brace is on the bedside table and walker is next to the bed. Gonna go all out on this one.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
Day one all alone sucked but I am still here and did everything possible to keep moving

Hoping for a better day two alone but if its the same I will be alright

Members online

No members online now.