High Point

CYCLONES_COACH

Alrighty folks... here it is. I got 2 of them one in 9mm and one in .45 and let me be the first to say...I like them! Cheap, reliable and as accurate as I need it to be. Best money I ever spent.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Are they? I have picked up a few and feel like they are under built but never actually ran rounds through them.

CYCLONES_COACH

Are they? I have picked up a few and feel like they are under built but never actually ran rounds through them.

Low recoil and tough. For the money they're great. Liftime warranty... no matter who the owner is! There are some tricks to make them run better you can find on you tube. For a truck gun, home defense, snake gun or plinker you can't go wrong. Think of it this way, someone steals it or you get in a scuffle and the police hold it... which would you rather never see again? Your Kimber/Ruger/S&W or this high point? These are just great weapons that you don't have to have a cow about if you drop it and it gets scratched or dirty. Another thing...they're bulky so if you run out of ammo there's a pretty good chance you could pistol whip you attacker to death with ease.:eek:

Arckadian

My only issue with High Points are when I fired my brother in laws High Point .45 I swear I felt the weapon flex in the recoil.... I much prefer the solidness of my 1911 or even my XDS.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Heres mine, no cracks but it is what it is..
highpoint2.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Full Access Member
Hi Points are cheap and feel cheap, the recoil impulse is rough due to being blowback operated, the slide is literally pot metal and it is ridiculous that you have to drive out a roll pin to take the slide off.

With that said they are surprisingly accurate, have a great warranty and excellent customer service. The price point they are at let a lot of people protect themselves and get into shooting that other wise couldn't .....They have a place and they ain't as bad as most think.

GLOCK V

Full Access Member
Hi Points are cheap and feel cheap, the recoil impulse is rough due to being blowback operated, the slide is literally pot metal and it is ridiculous that you have to drive out a roll pin to take the slide off.

With that said they are surprisingly accurate, have a great warranty and excellent customer service. The price point they are at let a lot of people protect themselves and get into shooting that other wise couldn't .....They have a place and they ain't as bad as most think.

All said thats very true, Cheap range gun and a good dresser drawer home defense grab pistol but as for a always be there for you pistol i would not count on it..And like i said i do own a .40 high point but after takeing it apart and shooting it i found it to be harsh but not a bad target pistol. As for repeated shooting i would not.

MIKEITH

I can't comment other that looks/feel..... Looks cheap Feels worse to me. It's a good "I'm broke and can't afford a higher quality gun, and I've never been a "lets take a bunch of crap to the range" kinda guy so the term "good range gun" makes no sense to me. Other than a couple choice 22's for fun I don't take/train anything I wouldn't carry to defend my life... To me that's not something to cheap out on lol.

sjustice64

The carbines are great quality, shoot very well and they sell very briskly here at the shop. As for the pistols, they shoot fine but do not feel confident enough in their construction to recommend the gun for anything other than a plinker/starter. They do have excellent customer service I will give them that much. Customer had the entire slide come off during firing, brought it back, I called them up and they paid for shipping there and sent a brand new replacement no questions asked.

ar556

super customer service... my buddys carbine stock cracked so they installed a new one and had it back to him very quickly. accurate, cheap, and reliable so far after several hundred rounds. cant complain too much and definitely not gonna turn my nose up to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts