IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

rifles015.jpg

1022001_zpsd6326934.jpg

Now I know who to contact when I buy a 10/22 to mod, lol. How involved is it to switch to a laminate stock like the blue one?

BTW the blue and red are my favs.

Neon

I'm located in Ontario, Canada
Some of those 10/22's have nothing OEM except the receiver.
All are individual rifles.
Some may have the same parts (bolt, charging handles, barrels etc) but you tend to run out of options after awhile, especially in our limited choice market up here.
...and no, I don't play dress-up..... That's for girls. :slap:

Neon

Now I know who to contact when I buy a 10/22 to mod, lol. How involved is it to switch to a laminate stock like the blue one?

BTW the blue and red are my favs.

Thanks Maxx.
Changing a stock from wood to laminate takes 2 minutes.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I'm located in Ontario, Canada
Some of those 10/22's have nothing OEM except the receiver.
All are individual rifles.
Some may have the same parts (bolt, charging handles, barrels etc) but you tend to run out of options after awhile, especially in our limited choice market up here.
...and no, I don't play dress-up..... That's for girls. :slap:

:laughing1: I was talking about the guns !!! You're to far away anyway.
That is the nice thing about them, when I parted 3 of mine out, what parts I did not use myself, I sold every last piece of them. People do buy just the receivers because as you said, you can build them from the receiver out with custom items. I sold all my receivers too. I had to ship them to an FFL though and it was treated just like a complete rifle.

Neon

:laughing1: I was talking about the guns !!! You're to far away anyway.
That is the nice thing about them, when I parted 3 of mine out, what parts I did not use myself, I sold every last piece of them. People do buy just the receivers because as you said, you can build them from the receiver out with custom items. I sold all my receivers too. I had to ship them to an FFL though and it was treated just like a complete rifle.

We don't have FFL here.
Our Long gun registry was abolished a few months ago.
All you need now is just a PAL (Purchase & Acquisition License) and you can buy a rifle/receiver on the spot and take it home or buy it on-line and have it shipped to you in the mail via Canada Post.
It looks like your firearm laws have become worse then ours. :mad:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
We don't have FFL here.
Our Long gun registry was abolished a few months ago.
All you need now is just a PAL (Purchase & Acquisition License) and you can buy a rifle/receiver on the spot and take it home or buy it on-line and have it shipped to you in the mail via Canada Post.

For Sure buddy. Our's don't work that way. But I sure like that idea. Get your PAL, once approved, then buy all you want, instead of bullshit each and every time you buy a firearm.

45b

Ruger 10/22

I bought my stainless 10/22 with synthetic stock from a friend who had it for 10years and put less than a box of shells threw it.

Worked the action and triggger and mag release and put tech sights on it along with a G.I. sling and shot it alot.

Took it to an Appleseed and had lots of fun with it.

It is my new go to 22 rifle.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator

Hopefully if the right guy gets into office they won't get any worse. But if not then I'll refer to the Carpenters song "We've Only Just Begun". Some conspiracy theorist predict weapon confiscation. Can I live in your basement?

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I don't see confiscation happening. Believe it or not, regardless of what some of the Supreme Court justices FEEL, and their OPINION, I still think they'll enforce the Constitution. And now there is actually precedent when DC outlawed guns and the Supreme Court overturned it. But that sure doesn't mean the laws to obtain one or restrictions can't get any more stupid than they already are.

SilvrSRT10

Super Moderator
I don't see confiscation happening. Believe it or not, regardless of what some of the Supreme Court justices FEEL, and their OPINION, I still think they'll enforce the Constitution. And now there is actually precedent when DC outlawed guns and the Supreme Court overturned it. But that sure doesn't mean the laws to obtain one or restrictions can't get any more stupid than they already are.
I don't see how they could implement gun confiscation even if they wanted to. Maybe by surprising the first few but once word got around it would be a suicide mission. People (at least around here) are not likely to voluntarily give up their guns.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Same here. It would be a Civil War all over again. The people vs The Gubment. I think people mean it literally when they say, You will only get my guns over my dead body.

USMC1188

And to be honest... how many cops/military/etc would actually try to go out and enforce that? How many of them have their own guns at home that they want to be able to keep...

Here is my 10/22, nothing special
IMG_2622_zps778d7df1.jpg

Arkansasguns

Full Access Member
Nice little plinker there... eventually I want to get one of these :)

Thanks! Got the scope on sale with a $50 rebate and the gun from a local place during a store wide Ruger sale. Registered the Ruger online and used a promo code to get the sling and bipod for about $25. It was meant to be!!

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
I'm going to purchase a drum mag for the 10/22 but I've only heard bad things about the ProMag. Apparently you can modify it to work pretty well, wondering if anybody here has done that.

Neon

I'm going to purchase a drum mag for the 10/22 but I've only heard bad things about the ProMag. Apparently you can modify it to work pretty well, wondering if anybody here has done that.

Maxx..
Stay (far) away from ProMag drums. They are absolute GARBAGE. (so are their high cap 25 round mags IMO)
If you're interested in purchasing a drum, go with Blackdog. They are a little finicky at first, but after you break them in, they work like a charm.

rifles003-1.jpg

Maxx2893

Full Access Member
Maxx..
Stay (far) away from ProMag drums. They are absolute GARBAGE. (so are their high cap 25 round mags IMO)
If you're interested in purchasing a drum, go with Blackdog. They are a little finicky at first, but after you break them in, they work like a charm.

rifles003-1.jpg

Thanks for the info. I just wish they didn't lean forward. Not the look I'm trying to pull of.

achirdo

I don't see how they could implement gun confiscation even if they wanted to. Maybe by surprising the first few but once word got around it would be a suicide mission. People (at least around here) are not likely to voluntarily give up their guns.

You guys realize this exact thing happend after katrina in LA? Cops were literally going door to door comfiscating people's guns.

And to be honest... how many cops/military/etc would actually try to go out and enforce that? How many of them have their own guns at home that they want to be able to keep...

Here is my 10/22, nothing special
IMG_2622_zps778d7df1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.