Ruger 10/22 Thread

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I do believe some heads rolled over that too. It was also only in the affected area and they were pretty much shut down as a city and may as well have called it Marshal Law.
They were going door to door to everyone in the state of LA and calling for all of LA to give up their guns. Nonetheless, even on the small scale that it was, it was still illegal.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
I feel so nekkid on this forum. I don't have any Mod/Admin tools here, but I think we need a clean up on isle 5 and move portions of this thread to it's own thread for Gubment Gun Law Regulation in the proper category. It's supposed to be our 10/22 Thread but we went wayyyyyyyy off topic for to long now and need to get it back on track and organized.

Sorry Mods/Admins, I'm guilty too. I'd fix if I could !!! Fix it please. Think it started off topic when Canadian PAL discussion was part of a post.

Buddychrist

Full Access Member
yza9y5e2.jpg

Did someone say 10/22???!!!

Just got the ABR a few days ago!
y4y5apa5.jpg

Awesome add on!

The stock cost me $56 after shipping for the wood stock and came with a blued barrel and band!

I am currently reviewing a special product I will be posting in a few days that I am helping with the finishing touches. Makes the Gatling gun activator look like crap!!! Y'all are gonna be amazed!

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Man I don't even realize when things go off topic anymore, thanks FRF

In a good forum, it's bound to happen and always will happen. It's easy to go from one topic and in conversation it turns to something else. As in here, Neon just mentioned Canada now does PAL, I recognized it, and then the conversation went from there.

You can't start a new thread every time a thread strays away with additional content. I normally use a 5 post rule. If it strays a bit and within 5 posts it's gone back on topic then I leave well enough alone. If it appears it's going to be an ongoing conversation, then I'll COPY the post where it started, so it leaves the original thread in tact, and start a new thread with a matching title in the proper category, then MOVE all the posts out of the original thread that were on the new topic. This way the original thread is cleaned up, but the secondary conversation gets to continue. Works pretty well.

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
yza9y5e2.jpg

y4y5apa5.jpg

Awesome add on!

The stock cost me $56 after shipping for the wood stock and came with a blued barrel and band!

I am currently reviewing a special product I will be posting in a few days that I am helping with the finishing touches. Makes the Gatling gun activator look like crap!!! Y'all are gonna be amazed!

Nice Buddy !!! What kind of scope is that? I've not have much luck finding a silver scope for my 10/22-22. Since it's stainliess, and I've got the silver see thru rings already, I can't bring myself to put the black scope on it.
I bought my son a 10/22-22 too, and although it's stainless too, the trigger goup is now black, so I've got black see thru rings for his and puttnig the black scope on his. I guess Ruger cheaped out and changed to the black trigger on that Stainless model.

Neon

You can actually make your own Auto Bolt Release with the stock bolt release.
Just remove from trigger group and trim out the "bump" inside the hole.

sysg7a.jpg

Just make sure you round it out. DON'T leave it flat.
I use a dremel with a grinding stone on it to do my ABR mods, but you can also use a small file. Just take your time and don't rush it.

1z5ngqu.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
While on the subject of making parts, Are you guys allowed to have full auto in Canada Neon? I know there are How-To's out there in the world how to convert 10/22's to Full Auto.

Certianly not something I'd want to get caught with in USA though.

Neon

While on the subject of making parts, Are you guys allowed to have full auto in Canada Neon? I know there are How-To's out there in the world how to convert 10/22's to Full Auto.

Certianly not something I'd want to get caught with in USA though.

Full auto = jail time here. :(
So are suppressed firearms.
They are typically only available to law enforcement, conservation agencies, and the military

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Here my 10/22-22's. I bought mine, the one on top, and about 10 months later bought one for my son's 16th Birthday and they changed the trigger group from silver to black. I thought it looked kind of weird and had hoped my son and I could have matching rifles. I figured I could just come up with a Silver trigger to do that. I later decided no sense in having them identical, and figured his wouldn't look so weird if it had black see thru rings and black scope. I've got the black rings for his, and the silver rings for mine. Still have to get the scopes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rug1022 006a.jpg
    Rug1022 006a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 49

Neon

Here my 10/22-22's. I bought mine, the one on top, and about 10 months later bought one for my son's 16th Birthday and they changed the trigger group from silver to black. I thought it looked kind of weird and had hoped my son and I could have matching rifles. I figured I could just come up with a Silver trigger to do that. I later decided no sense in having them identical, and figured his wouldn't look so weird if it had black see thru rings and black scope. I've got the black rings for his, and the silver rings for mine. Still have to get the scopes.

Nice....are they walnut DSP models or birch? (did you get them at Walmart?)

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
No, they are just DSP wannabe's in Birch. Yep, the Walmart Exclusive. I hate Walmart, but I had to have to these. I couldn't find anyone else who sold 22in barrel stainless. I noticed you had one of these too, kinda seperated though.

Neon

Both of these are walnut DSP's
The first one has a Kidd bolt, Rimefire Technologies trigger group, Christies mag release and RT charging handle, Dlask scope rail with a Mueller APV 4.5-14X40mm AO scope
The second one, I sanded down and hand rubbed 10 layers of Tru-Oil into it. I also reamed out the barrel channel for a Tactical Solutions aluminum .920 barrel and added a scalloped Kidd bolt, a Kidd trigger group (1.5 lb trigger pull), Kidd charging handle a Tactical Solutions Inc. picatinny scope rail with a Tasco 3-9X40mm World Class scope.

IMG_4457.jpg

DSP1022002.jpg

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Nice. I knew the lower one was DSP for sure, wasn't sure about the top one. Did you guys have that Walmart exclusive 22in in Canada? For the money I was all over it for what you got. I can't remember now if it was $239 or $269, but anyway, being that a standard base model 10/22 was $189, getting the checkered stock, slings rings, stainless and the 22in barrel I felt it was a steal of a deal. I actually all total bought 5 of those. Parted a couple out, gave some gifts to freinds, like 22in barrel, one a stock and sold the other parts.

Clint

yza9y5e2.jpg

y4y5apa5.jpg

Awesome add on!

What does the auto bolt release do?

Neon

Nice. I knew the lower one was DSP for sure, wasn't sure about the top one. Did you guys have that Walmart exclusive 22in in Canada? For the money I was all over it for what you got. I can't remember now if it was $239 or $269, but anyway, being that a standard base model 10/22 was $189, getting the checkered stock, slings rings, stainless and the 22in barrel I felt it was a steal of a deal. I actually all total bought 5 of those. Parted a couple out, gave some gifts to freinds, like 22in barrel, one a stock and sold the other parts.

Walmarts in Canada don't sell firearms at all. SOME do sell ammo, scopes & hunting gear, but that's about it.
Base 10/22 rifle start at approx. $239 to $269 here when they go on sale.

Neon

What does the auto bolt release do?

Normally when you lock the bolt open, you have to fumble with the bolt release lever and the charging handle simultaneously to get it to close.
With the auto bolt release mod, you just pull back on the charging handle and it closes.
Basically it makes a 3 handed job turn into a 1 handed job. :gr_grin:

hotrodpc

Super Moderator
Walmarts in Canada don't sell firearms at all. SOME do sell ammo, scopes & hunting gear, but that's about it.
Base 10/22 rifle start at approx. $239 to $269 here when they go on sale.

Walmart prices are good on the few guns they carry. I just hate buying from the monopolizing bastards. Academy will price match when they can verify but Walmart usually will not discuss gun prices or inventory over the phone. I guess for security reasons. So sometimes, they get the info sometimes they don't and if it's way off, I will go to Walmart to buy a gun. And those 10/22-22's were Walmart Exclusive and a good price so I bought there.

Academy Sports, Base Model $197.99
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_638011_-1?N=39632024+4294965660

Walmart online is showing the base model, And a model with black stock and stanless barrel only, but the rest is black including the barrel band. No prices though. Last I check the base model was under $200 and think the black stock stainless barrel was $40 more. I"d pay the $40 more if the receiver, band and trigger was silver but not otherwise. I think Wally has Ruger build them so they get a cheap price point.

Members online

No members online now.