Someday soon I'll actually have all of my parts...

tacticold

Full Access Member
If it's not one thing, it's another with this build. Or, more accurately, the parts. I have gotten everything. Except the buttstock/buffer kit. Which has been reshipped by FedEx twice because they keep fucking it up somehow. The shop I got it from called me yesterday, apologizing profusely, and said it had been returned again. So they shipped it a different way, and he said he threw in some goodies for my troubles. I know there's at least one Pmag in there, but he said there were a couple of other things, too. So, they are trying to make good on their end and I appreciate that effort. They are now losing money on the deal trying to keep me happy.

Anyway...my upper is at the smith getting the flash hider permanently installed. Got my lower yesterday. Still have to put it all together. Got a really good price on the lower and it looks very clean and well done for a company I'd never heard of. I was ready to have to toss it and get a better one, but it looks good to go.

Soon I will have a rifle that'll work, but it won't be finished yet. I still need a new handguard and optics, but those can wait for now. It'll look like any other MOE AR in FDE for a while.

I'm just blabbering because I wanted to be putting it together today. I could do the lower, but that'd just annoy to finish with the LPK and not have the rest...I'm an all or nothing guy...lol.

tacticold

Full Access Member
Got my upper back from the shop this morning. Looks good. If I'm lucky I'll get my buffer tube/stock kit today. Then it'll all be here finally, but I'm not holding my breath.

Now I just need to find some freaking ammo so I can shoot it....

RangerDanger

Full Access Member
Ammo is the hardest thing right now. Doesn't help that I'm hard headed and refuse to pay the jacked up prices

KKing

Full Access Member
I feel your pain man. Stupid me finally has everything on the big brown truck to finish the build, but I forgot to order my dang vise block to clamp the upper with. Ordered that monday so maybe that'll be here this weekend and I can actually get to work. It's hard staring at all those parts

oppo

Full Access Member
Sorry, that would drive me nuts

It is but what I am waiting on isn't an off the shelf part so I knew ahead of time there would be a long wait. It also gives me a little morw time to pay for it so it isn't all bad. Actually, I called this morning to pay some more on it and my barrel is sitting on the bench, waiting to to be chambered. I guess I better hurry up and get the bolt in the mail.

It is a Shilen select match, medium heavy contour in 6x45.

oppo

Full Access Member
hannibal_a-team-jpeg.jpg

tacticold

Full Access Member
I love it when a plan comes through....

Jeebus, I'm dating myself being able to quote the A-Team..................

tacticold

Full Access Member
Everything is here. No ammo, but hey...can't shoot without a gun, either.

Now I just need some time to put it together. Maybe this weekend, maybe not. Between a wedding and my son's little league, I'm gonna be busy, dammit.

Also just realized I forgot to get a tool for the castle nut. Hmm. Who do I know that has one?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.